HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #391
TexasXJ97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo
Ordered a 50" with amber lens...ETA next week woohoo! Now I need to

1) find some security bolts for the light to bracket and bracket to bar
2) Get a bigger alternator
3) Fab a bracket to work with my WJ roofline.
4) Get a better power distribution block installed.

DOH!

I am just going to wire it to A/C to DC convertor so I dont have to wait to annoy the hell out of my neighbor. (whos dogs likes to pee on my BFs.)
You can upgrade your alternator if you feel like it, but that light bar won't pull more than 300W. A lot less than the light setup I have running with my stock alternator. It will perform better if you do the upgrade, but don't feel obligated.

TexasXJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #392
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got my 4 single led 10w spots and floods mounted and wired today. I have I wait for the darkness to come and I'll e aiming and taking more pics to update for those who are wondering why te output is on the small lights.

I did two seperated switches. One for the centre 2 lights (spot) and one for the outter 2 (floods)
roblaza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #393
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice ..

Lets see some night shots
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #394
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblaza
I got my 4 single led 10w spots and floods mounted and wired today. I have I wait for the darkness to come and I'll e aiming and taking more pics to update for those who are wondering why te output is on the small lights.

I did two seperated switches. One for the centre 2 lights (spot) and one for the outter 2 (floods)
I like the switch location. Looks clean.
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #395
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblaza View Post

i want to see the night shots, those look like they would work great as rock lights.

what was the pricing on them?
"You're what's wrong with America. You don't drink enough PBR and you probably run sway bars on the street. Fawking communist."-ibjeepin95
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #396
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Nice ..

Lets see some night shots
Thanks, see below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport View Post
I like the switch location. Looks clean.
Thank you, I wanted them somewhere that was easy to reach and where is easier to reach than right under your hand??? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive View Post
i want to see the night shots, those look like they would work great as rock lights.

what was the pricing on them?
For the night shots, see below. Pricing wasn't too bad at all. Cost was $19 EACH, but I ordered 10 of them total.

Well I went out tonight (just got back actually) from aiming the lights the way I wanted them and taking some pics. THESE PICTURES DO NOT DO THEM JUSTICE IN THE LEAST! I don't know how you mess around to set the camera settings properly, so they're somewhat bad pics, but you get the idea. They are the 10W Single Cree LED lights.

Lows only:

Lows and all 4:

Lows only:

Lows and floods only (I have them aimed to the sides to light up ditch areas, therefore majority of beam is cut off):

Lows and spots only:

Lows and all 4:

AGAIN, these pictures don't don't do them justice AT ALL. They really must be seen in person to truly appreciate the light that comes from the single LED 10W units.
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #397
mnewxcv
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I contacted someone there and they said there is a minimum quantity, an entire carton? anyone else run into this? other than that, im ready to bite the bullet on a few things.
mnewxcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #398
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewxcv View Post
I contacted someone there and they said there is a minimum quantity, an entire carton? anyone else run into this? other than that, im ready to bite the bullet on a few things.
There's no minimum, but the more you order the better pricing you get. Example: order 5 at $30 each or 10 at $20 each type thing
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #399
ultimo
2002 WJ 

sweet pictures, really bright! Just diverging a little since someone mentioned about rock lights, if you mount them underneath. How do you keep it clean?
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #400
ultimo
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasXJ97 View Post
You can upgrade your alternator if you feel like it, but that light bar won't pull more than 300W. A lot less than the light setup I have running with my stock alternator. It will perform better if you do the upgrade, but don't feel obligated.
I am replacing batteries much faster than I like due to short trips etc. I like the DC engineering ones but they are really ex, but good output in idle from 180amps to 270amps!
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #401
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

AGAIN, these pictures don't don't do them justice AT ALL. They really must be seen in person to truly appreciate the light that comes from the single LED 10W units.
Really sweet for such small lights .. I'm stoked to get some
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #402
ultimo
2002 WJ 

Quote:

How do you wire two lights to one cable? splice?
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #403
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
How do you wire two lights to one cable? splice?
You just need to check the amps and use a relay .. its really not to hard. Its probably a 30amp relay but I would check to be sure, that's just a total guess.
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #404
ultimo
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
You just need to check the amps and use a relay .. its really not to hard. Its probably a 30amp relay but I would check to be sure, that's just a total guess.
what about the power cable? Sorry I am newbie with electric connections...just shorted the flasher fuse 3 times before I got it right

How do you wire the power cable to go to two lights on one cable?
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #405
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
what about the power cable? Sorry I am newbie with electric connections...just shorted the flasher fuse 3 times before I got it right

How do you wire the power cable to go to two lights on one cable?
just google search how to hook up a relay ..

The frist time I hooked one up it took me a while and I had to read the thing like 3 times before I got it, but once you get it ... its really easy. Then you can use one switch too, witch is nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.