HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #376
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
I mocked it up on the hood w some random metal I had laying around, but was too high and looked goofy. Lo pro would be cool but lose performance. I'm debating now above or below the windshield. Below actually looks really sick. Here's what I've got. And again this is just mocked up.
So you got the diffused pattern bar? That basically throws light everywhere, including introducing a ton of glare on your hood. I'd put that bar either on the front bumper or above the windshield. The latter means you're going to have to deal with a loooot of glare.

I personally think it looks terrible mounted below the windshield.

Unread 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #377
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1

Nice nice .. I really want to get the 40 for mine !! How long did shipping take? Man looks great, I like the mounting, although does the glare off the hood bother you, You could paint your hood with flat paint to stop the glare, on the XJ that works really well.
The bar needed to be adjusted up a bit which attributed to a lot of that glare but I forgot the Allen wrench when I went down the street so I couldn't adjust before pics. The Louvers on the hood are actually flat black, and with our recent dust /rain storm the hood is filthy so the whole hood is basically flat with dirt lol. The lights are so bright that even a flat hood will throw a bit of glare lol. I think optimally, above the windshield is the best option for the lights, but the sleek look below the windshield I sweet, so I'm torn right now. Regardless of position, I'm going to weld up Little tabs on the windshield frame for the mounting.

The lights are only diffused on the last 3 LEDs on each end and the rest are spots. If you notice the close up pic u can see the difference.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #378
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just got my pods mounted that I got from TexasXJ97. Replaced my fogs with flood pattern pods. Turned out pretty good. I had some teraflex fog light extensions laying around so I took the loom off and snipped off the male connectors and spliced them onto the pods. Electrical taped up the butt splices and exposed wiring coming from the male fog light connector and from the pod's wiring then put the wire loom back on then taped up the ends of the wire loom. I highly recommend buying the teraflex wire extensions or getting ahold of some fog light male connectors so you can splice em onto the lights so they are completely plug and play. And also if you want to resell your stock fog lights you won't have to cut off that connector so it'll make em that much easier to sell. Makes me that much more anxious to get a 50" for the windshield. Sorry I finished up in the 35 degree weather in the dark and just snapped some quick ones from my iPhone so if you want any other pics just ask and I'll try to get some better ones tomorrow when it's light out with my gopro. I didn't take any pictures of the light output because like I said I only had my phone handy and it nowhere near picked up all the light these put out and I didn't want anybody to think these aren't very bright because they are.

Pics:

image-1066159400.jpg

They look pretty blue in the picture but they are actually dang near pure white in person.
image-2670963581.jpg   image-1330629866.jpg   image-3956269961.jpg  
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #379
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport View Post
Just got my pods mounted that I got from TexasXJ97. Replaced my fogs with flood pattern pods. Turned out pretty good. I had some teraflex fog light extensions laying around so I took the loom off and snipped off the male connectors and spliced them onto the pods. Electrical taped up the butt splices and exposed wiring coming from the male fog light connector and from the pod's wiring then put the wire loom back on then taped up the ends of the wire loom. I highly recommend buying the teraflex wire extensions or getting ahold of some fog light male connectors so you can splice em onto the lights so they are completely plug and play. And also if you want to resell your stock fog lights you won't have to cut off that connector so it'll make em that much easier to sell. Makes me that much more anxious to get a 50" for the windshield. Sorry I finished up in the 35 degree weather in the dark and just snapped some quick ones from my iPhone so if you want any other pics just ask and I'll try to get some better ones tomorrow when it's light out with my gopro. I didn't take any pictures of the light output because like I said I only had my phone handy and it nowhere near picked up all the light these put out and I didn't want anybody to think these aren't very bright because they are.

Pics:

Attachment 605522

They look pretty blue in the picture but they are actually dang near pure white in person.
Any output shots?? how far do they go out from the vehicle? I ordered 4...2 flood and 2 spot
roblaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #380
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblaza

Any output shots?? how far do they go out from the vehicle? I ordered 4...2 flood and 2 spot
I will get some output shots tonight when it gets dark. I'll do a walk around with the gopro for ya
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #381
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So, I along with 7 other guys placed an order with Hanma for $1100 worth of LED light bars (2-31.5'' Dual Row Cree, 6-7.5'' Dual Row Cree, 4-1x1'' Single LED Cree flood, 6-1x1'' Single LED Cree Spot, for a total of 18 units)...The majority of the order came in today, but i'm still waiting on 2 more 31.5'' bars. Here are some pictures (Keep in mind that these pictures were taken with my phone, AND the streetlights are on):

Controll:

Single LED 10W Flood:

Single LED 10W Spot:

Dual row LED 7.5'' Combo bar:

roblaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #382
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Really nice night shots .. great post man .. I had not considered that size light until you posted but I think that might be a good way to go for me ..
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #383
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Took some night photos as promised (These are the 2x2 pods in flood pattern) :

Pods only

Low Beams Only

High Beams Only

Pods and Low Beams

Pods and High Beams

That shop at the end of the street is a solid football field and a half for reference. Sorry for the mediocre quality. I'm still playing with the gopro's settings.
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #384
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Took some night photos as promised (These are the 2x2 pods in flood pattern) :

Pods only

That shop at the end of the street is a solid football field and a half for reference. Sorry for the mediocre quality. I'm still playing with the gopro's settings.
Awesome pics man! on this pic you can see where the lights intersect, maybe try and turning them out a little bit for a better spread of lights, your not losing any lights, but gaining much more!

My Build Thread
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #385
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Never thought about that since I was just so excited to get them on. Will definitely adjust them tomorrow night. I just lined em up square to the bumper.
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #386
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Never thought about that since I was just so excited to get them on. Will definitely adjust them tomorrow night. I just lined em up square to the bumper.
just my .02 anyway!

My Build Thread
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #387
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ

just my .02 anyway!
I will be doing it so thank you for the suggestion.
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #388
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport

I will be doing it so thank you for the suggestion.
now I gotta play with the adjustments on mine haha

My Build Thread
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #389
dougmorgan99
1998 ZJ 

Got my Hanma 31.5" light bar (combo spot/flood) shipped in and installed. Very sweet, very bright! I am very happy with my purchase. Going to order another one to replace my rear 3 LED bars I got from superbrightLEDs.com. Pics don't do it justice... Large picture alert!
img_0831.jpg   img_0847.jpg   img_0848.jpg  
dougmorgan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #390
ultimo
2002 WJ 

Ordered a 50" with amber lens...ETA next week woohoo! Now I need to

1) find some security bolts for the light to bracket and bracket to bar
2) Get a bigger alternator
3) Fab a bracket to work with my WJ roofline.
4) Get a better power distribution block installed.

DOH!

I am just going to wire it to A/C to DC convertor so I dont have to wait to annoy the hell out of my neighbor. (whos dogs likes to pee on my BFs.)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.