HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #166
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

How are you all mounting these? Can I see some pics?

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #167
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

These are the mounts for the bar.

My stock bumper doesn't stick out far enought to mount on top so I cut a hole in my bumper:

The 30" bar should fit perfectly between the bumper caps
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #168
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, it's 31.5" between bumper caps, so cutting and mounting like that would be super clean and would hide the bolt holes under the caps
rallybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #169
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm mounting on the PSC JK bumper. Just trying to get ideas for a clean install.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #170
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I love the way wranglers look with the bar across the top of the window
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #171
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's the 50", going to get one in my next order. For right now I'm going with the 8" flood for the rear, and the 14" combo for the front.

Unread 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #172
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
I understand but I wanted to post up with what RI sells as flood, and Hanma sells as flood. Based on that alone.

Now with as much dispersion of light I believe the RI would go further, however, spots are meant to throw further, this flood would be perfect for a backup light.
Apples to oranges. Diffused vs. not is a big difference and using a diffused lens for that comparison is pretty disingenuous. The correct comparison is a diffused Rigid and a diffused Hanma, both hooked to the same harness and switch.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #173
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Where are you guys seeing this 50"?
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #174
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I will be doing testing myself. I have planned a Rigid/hanma 50" test, and a rigid /Hanma pod test. I will bring the results here when I get the chance to test.
Ahaha dude you should be the mod of this thread, Jack!
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #175
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just a random thought, but when, i ran my offroad floods that were roofrack mounted, the law said the KCs had to have covers....do we have to run with covers on these too if rack mounted...i cant find anything bout it
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #176
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How much of a difference is there between dual row crees and single row?? I want to order some lights but i need to decide between single or dual
roblaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #177
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
With some states, any lights mounted above headlights must have a cover on them.. Here in the south we don't however.

I do believe a rigid makes covers for their lights.
Kalifornia, Is one of those crapacular.states.
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #178
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just got an email back for a 20'' dual row led bar at $264....how are you guys getting prices in the 150 range?? He said I must order 6 or more to get the price of $132....
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #179
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My guess would be he thinks they are potential resale partners and he's marked you as an end users. Resale partners get upset if the manufacture sells direct at their wholesale price.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #180
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
My guess would be he thinks they are potential resale partners and he's marked you as an end users. Resale partners get upset if the manufacture sells direct at their wholesale price.
He just emailed asking if I was going to resell them, so thats probably what has happened....Apparently there's a new "company rule" about selling as retail. They dont like to do it, so they are starting to double the prices if you're not a wholesaler...according to Vincent.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.