JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   Hack n' Tap SYE Drill Jig (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/hack-n-tap-sye-drill-jig-1565821/)

Ekul310 08-22-2013 06:12 PM

Hack n' Tap SYE Drill Jig
 
Anyone have a jig to drill the hole in the output shaft for a hack n tap sye they're looking to get rid of for cheap? I can't justify spending $30 for it new. Thanks! :cheers2:

Metro55 08-22-2013 08:57 PM

No need for the jig... Cut the output shaft then slide the yoke on... Drill in the center of the center hole of the yoke.... There you go, just saved you the worst $30 you would have spent

Ekul310 08-22-2013 09:41 PM

I actually never thought of using the yoke. Thanks so much!

Metro55 08-22-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekul310
I actually never thought of using the yoke. Thanks so much!

No problem bud. Work smarter not harder :)

XJmike0122 08-22-2013 11:03 PM

Good tip man.

JeepN4KC 08-23-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metro55 (Post 15826361)

No problem bud. Work smarter not harder :)

Good words to live by. You in the fire service?

I gotta remember that trick should I decide to go the hackntap route.

98muddyjeep 08-23-2013 01:20 PM

How did you cut the shaft? Did you put it in gear and hold the cutting wheel still and let the jeep do the work?

Metro55 08-23-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep (Post 15828283)
How did you cut the shaft? Did you put it in gear and hold the cutting wheel still and let the jeep do the work?

Exactly... make sure you're cutting against whatever the direction the shaft is spinning. It works GREAT with a clean cut!

rallybro 08-23-2013 01:28 PM

Put it in reverse so that it spins the opposite direction of the grinder. Cutting goes quick and easy. Aaand it leaves a tiny point in the exact middle of the shaft.

Modstock 08-23-2013 06:10 PM

I got one cause its cheap insurance and it gets a straighter hole drilled .

Ekul310 08-23-2013 07:18 PM

I figured since I started this thread, and couldn't fin a jeeper who has used it, have any of you used the dirt bound offroad HnT with the yoke instead of the flange, if so, what do you think about it? I'm thinking of going that route because I have a 98 and it would only be 99 bucks for it

Modstock 08-23-2013 09:57 PM

Check out my build thread .

XJmike0122 08-24-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekul310 (Post 15829521)
I figured since I started this thread, and couldn't fin a jeeper who has used it, have any of you used the dirt bound offroad HnT with the yoke instead of the flange, if so, what do you think about it? I'm thinking of going that route because I have a 98 and it would only be 99 bucks for it

Now I'm thinking I'm going to be going this route also. Thanks

Ekul310 08-24-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modstock
Check out my build thread .

Thanks. You're one of the few using it. It seems like a good kit and great price. I think I'll be going this route


The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.