Which H4 housing? - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
00XJMikey
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rhinebeck
Posts: 473
Which H4 housing?

I'm going to use the Putco H4 wiring harness and PIAA Xtreme White H4 bulbs when I do my H4 conversion, but I can't decide which housings to buy.

Which do y'all suggest?

I was looking at projector housings, but I can't find any clear, smoked or black ones without the ricer halo ring. I'd love to have 5" round lens inside a 5x7 housing, but I've yet to find even a prototype.

00XJMikey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 9,465
Garage
Autopal e code , hella E-code ,or Cibe for a decent H4 housing Avoid daimond cut crap unless your gonna do a projector retrofit

'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 06:25 AM
cruiser54
Web Wheeler
 
cruiser54's Avatar
1990 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Prescott
Posts: 11,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Autopal e code , hella E-code ,or Cibe for a decent H4 housing Avoid daimond cut crap unless your gonna do a projector retrofit
Yep. Autopal E-Codes less than $50 to your door off Ebay.



http://www.ebay.com/itm/200mm-H6054-...item4cf8f40eb7

If you own a Renix Jeep, you'll want to check this out.

An index to over 30 write-ups can be found in the link below

www.cruiser54.com

My Jeep Technical Photos

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/g/album/1725214
cruiser54 is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
00XJMikey
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rhinebeck
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post

Yep. Autopal E-Codes less than $50 to your door off Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200mm-H6054-...item4cf8f40eb7
I ordered the harness, bulbs and housing off amazon for $148 and saved about $20.

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to have better headlights.
00XJMikey is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 9,465
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey View Post
I ordered the harness, bulbs and housing off amazon for $148 and saved about $20.

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to have better headlights.
You won't be disappointed ! I will be getting another harness and set of Autopals for my YJ soon

'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 07:51 AM
cruiser54
Web Wheeler
 
cruiser54's Avatar
1990 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Prescott
Posts: 11,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey View Post
I ordered the harness, bulbs and housing off amazon for $148 and saved about $20.

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to have better headlights.
This will be a very enlightening experience for you.

If you own a Renix Jeep, you'll want to check this out.

An index to over 30 write-ups can be found in the link below

www.cruiser54.com

My Jeep Technical Photos

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/g/album/1725214
cruiser54 is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
00XJMikey
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rhinebeck
Posts: 473
How are Hella light bulbs? I saw these 55w/100w bulbs on amazon while looking at bulbs for my girlfriend's Escape. The 100w high beam would be nice on the poorly lite and dark back roads around me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000COBLJI/ref=rd_c3?m=
00XJMikey is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 9,465
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey
How are Hella light bulbs? I saw these 55w/100w bulbs on amazon while looking at bulbs for my girlfriend's Escape. The 100w high beam would be nice on the poorly lite and dark back roads around me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000COBLJI/ref=rd_c3?m=
The hella bulbs are decent.

'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Motorcharge
Bandeded
 
Motorcharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,668
I've got Hellas as well, no complaints. Unless you're really picky the bulbs don't really matter as long as they're appropriate for on road use. The light output over stock is so significant you won't even think about what bulbs you should have gotten.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
00XJMikey
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rhinebeck
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post

The hella bulbs are decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
I've got Hellas as well, no complaints. Unless you're really picky the bulbs don't really matter as long as they're appropriate for on road use. The light output over stock is so significant you won't even think about what bulbs you should have gotten.
I don't drive at night much, so anything over stock will amaze me.
00XJMikey is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 09-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Motorcharge
Bandeded
 
Motorcharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey View Post
I don't drive at night much, so anything over stock will amaze me.
That's how it was for me, the difference was crazy at first. I've had some 60/55w Hellas for the last 6 months or so but now that my eyes are getting used to them I ordered some 100/80s. I don't do a lot of night driving but I do go to work before the sun comes up and with winter coming I want some more light, especially with all the deer we get around here. I could have bought them in the first place but I've spent a whopping $21 this year on headlight bulbs, changing them isn't exactly breaking the bank.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome