h3 wattage fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > h3 wattage fog lights

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

h3 wattage fog lights

my light burned out in my fog light right now their street legal 7 inch round fog lights 55 watt

been looking up lights on ebay,quadratec and autozone. 55 will keep it street legal 100 watters are the same price 130's are like a buck more.
the wiring is sound so is the relay the only thing im worried about is the heat its a glass lense and has some plastic housing crap.

piaa is like 55 watt equivilant pricy stuff
some ebay junk is blue hid plasma crap or yellow

any ideas?

Unread 08-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

what kind of lamps? if the stock bulb is a 55w i doubt the wire is thick enough to hold a higher wattage, and if the reflector is crappy you wont get a good beam out of it.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

the wiring is part of the bulb on mine and the beam pattern is just fine kinda longrange but really wide
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenCorax View Post
the wiring is part of the bulb on mine
that makes 0 sense. all H3 bulbs have a wire attached to them. i meant the actual wiring to the battery, relay, switch, etc.

if its some off-brand light kit, anything more than a 55 wont even get you a nicer light output, itll just be brighter with a crappy beam. and itll probably burn out the wiring.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

i did all the wiring myself its more then adequate. 4 gauge to the auxilary fuse box and i believe 12 gauge to each light. a nice relay about 8 inches from the fuse box. the grounds have been sanded and gooped with silicone dielectric.

the only thing im wondering is how much more heat the higher wattage bulbs will make? why would higher wattage bulbs mess with the beam pattern?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.