Got "loved" this morning by a state trooper!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Got "loved" this morning by a state trooper!!

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-31-2008, 11:12 PM   #31
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i got my but saved by a brave cop when i was in a rolled truck, the elctrical pole came down on the truck sparking and he still got under there and pulled me out, me and him are now pretty good friends, i put a lift on his 07 f150. i have also pulled cops out of mudholes while in their chevy patrol trucks. the only cops i dont prefer are GSP and HEAT. got a ticket from GSP for doing 3 over, dead serious.

jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #32
Disaster1126
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
i tend to agree. the way i look at it, a good amount of the cops out there like wrenching in their spare time on their own vehicles and offroading driving safe on the road and just bombin around offroad, they dont seem to care as long as its not annoying other people. im assuming thats why they pay more attention to the ricers because theyre usually cocky and annoying where as offroaders are just normal people.

X2, totally agree since all of my tickets have been for real traffic violations that I deserved, none so far (except for the most recent one lol) have been just becuase I drive an offroad jeep. Just as aircruiser said they tend to pay more attention to the ricers, who tend to do street races. They see street racing as more dangerous than offroading.
Disaster1126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 11:55 PM   #33
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah backing up my last statement, my first car was a 96 sebring. i had the muffler off because i was gonna try to rig up the old magnaflow off the durango. i was in a DQ parking lot when i revved it twice because i was with some friends and i accelerated a little faster than usual while turning and the parking lot was empty..besides my friend in his zj. the tires squealed and i pulled into an empty parking lot nearby and waited for my friend to catch up. about half a minute went by and i pulled up to a stop sign. then i saw a cop with his lights on driving over the highway and then suddenly turned towards me. i was ready to back up because i thought he was gonna ram me. i was like wtf is he doing? he jumped out of his car and he got so close to mine he had to jump over the passengers side part of the bumper (yes he was actually running to my window).

i rolled down the window and he yelled "KILL IT!" and then continued yelling and said "LICENSE AND REGISTRATION NOW!" the next few minutes he kept mumbling to himself and kept asking why i was driving that way and then started asking all these random *** questions like "where do you work?!" and other questions that had nothing to do with what was going on. the whole time i was being truthful and nice and even though i didnt have to answer the questions and i couldve been a smart ***, i did answer the questions. he then said "we're blocking traffic, pull ahead infront of my car but dont be stupid and peel out." i was ready to start laughing because this guy was acting like he had seen way to many movies.

that was back in the sebring and whenever i was driving that car, i could always see cops watching me. now in the jeep, cops dont seem to watch me as much and every incident that involved me and my jeep with a cop ever since has been decent. the most recent was a neighbor calling me in for having no rear bumper. the cop was nice and told me what the "anonymous person" had said (he didnt say who it was but i could see my ******* neighbor across the street keep peeking out her window and watching us) and i showed him my bumper in the garage and said i could rig it back up for now until the new one gets here. my jeep was doorless at the time and he said it was legal since the other jeeps could do it and i showed him the mirrors i rigged up for being doorless and he was impressed that a teen actually cared that much about staying legal.

i then started asking about other laws relating to stuff i wanted to do with the jeep and then he started acting like he was just another person and not even a cop. i asked him what the legal lift height was and joked around and he said "25 inches from the ground to the bumper but ive seen some trucks that get lifted higher than that and half *** a drop bumper so they can still be legal but hell i know that people dont like cops and some of those guys probably just want to lift it enough to run a cop car over". we continued to joke around until he got another call and had to leave. it was funny because once the cop was leaving, i saw my neighbor peeking out with a mad look on her face..haha.

either way, seems like state troopers are always the dickfaces of the police force and i try to avoid them as much as possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.