got back into an xj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > got back into an xj

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Iceman12
1999 XJ Cherokee 

got back into an xj

hey all, my whole life I've been a huge Ford guy, ( Mustangs especially). I love my Fords, and will never give up my 97 Cobra. But for some reason I always seem to gravitate to Jeeps as my DD. ( two XJ's and a MJ in my past)
Well, 3 years back when my then girlfriend ( now wife) came up pregnant, I sold my trusty 94 xj ( with 275k on it) cause I couldn't stand the thought of strapping a car seat over the giant rust hole in the floorboard. Went into debt and bought a very nice F-150 that I struggled with payments on until I gave up, and sold it back to the dealer recently.
Now I am back in an xj again. This time it's a nice lil 99 sport with 148k on it. Snagged it for 2200. I think I did well. I've already got a mental list of what I'm going to end up doing to it.
I work at a lil 10 bay shop, and got super lucky when I was looking around in the attic area. Found a brand new set of Dunlop Rover AT's. Brand new is a relative term, since our shop hasn't sold Dunlops in a great while and the DOT number is from 05. But they've been inside, look great, and since they are out of production, got them for free. They are barely bigger than stock, but for that price I had to get them. Guess my excuse to the wife for bigger ones will have to wait a while. Thankfully saggy springs are still good reasoning for lift kits
Well, thanks for reading my novel here, just kinda felt like giving an update since I'm back. My last jeep had a factory tire carrier on the back that I rebuilt and loved. I would like one on this Jeep to have one, but aftermarket ones seem outrageously expensive. Any suggestions on a source for a factory style one, or inexpensive aftermarket?

Iceman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Sagging springs are a good excuse for a lift kit BUT a broken leaf is a great excuse. So drive it like you stole it...but carefully, its still your jeep.
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.