Good deal and a couple of tech questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Good deal and a couple of tech questions

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 07-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Deereman12

Good deal and a couple of tech questions

I'm looking at buying a 95 Cherokee as a weekend run around vehicle. I found one with 143,000 miles on it 4wd. Owner wants $1800 but will probably come down to $1500. Owner informed me that 4wd doesn't work but didnt' know why. I inspected the vehicle and found the front driveshaft is missing. Also, I'm not familiar with transfer case operations but when I shifted the case into hi or lo I could still spin the front shaft yoke. The case is busted correct? I figured if it's shifted to the tranny and the vehicle isn't moving it shouldn't turn.
Also the oil pressure gauge isn't working. I told the owner I wouldn't buy it until I check the actual pressure. What size fitting do I need? 1/8 pipe thread?
What's a good source and price on the driveshaft and tranfer case? Sorry for all the questions and go easy on me because I'm a Newbie!

Deereman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.