is this a good deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > is this a good deal?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 06-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
OverlandMan231

is this a good deal?

Hey all, like I have previously mentioned, I am in the market of reacquiring a 5.9 since mine was abruptly taken away from me (brother totaled it after 4 months of ownership). I have found one in my area...it's in stone white w/115k miles. The seller wants $4995 for it; I am trying to negotiate a cash price; the driver's seat warmer doesn't work. It wouldn't happen to be anyone on the forums would it? The seller is in Mechanicsville, Virginia. What does everyone think? How long can I expect the 5.9 motor to last with 115k already put on it? One of my best friends has a 98 laredo SE with almost 160k on it, and it's still running strong. I know they are different motors, but personally I would like to get a 5.9 with under 100k miles, but understand that would be a little difficult to find for the budget I have set. Should I go for it? This would be my second/project car so I would probably drive it a lot after first purchasing, but after a while would start putting mods on it and treat it more as an off-roader/weekend car. Being that it is in my area, it would be a lot easier to take it to a mechanic I trust to check it out. I look forward to everyone's responses, thanks! ...Sorry, just realized I posted in the wrong forum, ignore this post please!

Last edited by OverlandMan231; 06-26-2008 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Posted in wrong forum
OverlandMan231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.