Good Buy? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Good Buy?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 07-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good Buy?

I am a YJ guy, but was always interested in an XJ, and the time my have come. A guy who works with a friend of mine is selling his 1989 XJ.

It has an oil that can probably be fixed by changing the oil pan gasket, RMS, and valve cover (which I have don to my YJ once before), It has a small a hole in the driver side rear right in front of the tail lights that is causing problems with the lights when it rains, and sometimes gets a decently bad death wobble around 55mph.

I test drove it when my friend was interested in buying it, but since then his girlfriend got pregnant and he decided not to buy it.

He is offering it to me for $400...259XXX on the clock...Should I pull the trigger or let it pass? Thanks.

alexs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Sandhara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

how is the transmission? fluid look nice or is it a stick? @ 400 dollars I might be tempted to roll the dice.

Im sorry, some times i drink and post stupid comments.
Sandhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
96xjKing
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I would buy it, if it craps out you have a parts jeep and/or you can scrap the body an almost break even. I would go for it but that's just me
96xjKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It's an auto tranny...that's what I was thinking...worst comes to worse I have some spare parts and then scrap it...getting a little resistance from the lady though lol...
alexs93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.