Getting Rid of the Startup Beeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Getting Rid of the Startup Beeps

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
ksander
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Getting Rid of the Startup Beeps

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make it so it doesn't beep five or so times everytime you start it up. Couldn't find anything through search.

Unread 02-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

put your seatbelt on before you start it? Thats what I do... in a more serious sense I believe there is a way to disable it as I've heard of people getting rid of the annoying buzzer on older XJs. My friend is borrowing my haynes repair manual because his '89 jeep is having some electrical issues, so I can't look it up but maybe you could do a google search and find the wiring harness for it.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
philjeeper
1987 XJ Cherokee 

on my 87 there was a little black box right by the steering column with one plug going into it. I just unplugged it and no more annoying buzz.. to make sure you unplugging the right thing just make it go off and listen to where it is coming from
philjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
ksander
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I don't understand the seatbealt comment, I'm talking about the five beeps that it makes when you turn the key in the ignition.
Unread 02-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksander View Post
I don't understand the seatbealt comment, I'm talking about the five beeps that it makes when you turn the key in the ignition.
The beeping is reminding you to buckle up. Buckle before you put the key in and crank it, and it wont beep at all.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Does it beep with the seatbelt buckled? That means its not sensing you have your belt on.

Build Thread:
Unread 02-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
Does it beep with the seatbelt buckled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport
The beeping is reminding you to buckle up. Buckle before you put the key in and crank it, and it wont beep at all.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

i like to make it a race to see if i can get my belt on before the beeps stop. works on my little brother to get him to wear his seatbelt too lol
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #9
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

"................ "
Thats what I meant...as in does it beep when he has his belt already buckled which means its not realizing he already has his seatbelt on.

Build Thread:
Unread 02-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
ksander
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I didn't realize the beeping was for the seatbealt. It does go off if the belt is buckled first. But I would still like to know how and if you can turn it off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.