gear shifter thread diameter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > gear shifter thread diameter

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
KountryKid
1997 TJ Wrangler 

gear shifter thread diameter

i have a 95 xj 5 speed. and im looking to make a new shifter knob, but im unsure of the thread diameter. 3 8/16 possibly?

KountryKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I don't have any 5-speeds but I'm gonna say m10x1.5, which is slightly larger than 3/8-16. Trust with verification.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month here - Yes YOU!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.