Gas Prices - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Gas Prices

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #61
DieselDreamer
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
10$ pr gallon in Norway!
What?! Doesn't Norway have a giant government run oil company?! They are one of the few developed nations with a surplus of energy and not in debt?!

$10 per gallon would have me walking backwards to the voting booth!

Unread 05-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #62
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Yes That Are correct. We have all this major oil resources out in the north sea and a very developed water power instalations for electricity. Both Are very expensive and its like the goverment rips US of big time up here.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #63
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

And this coming summer gas prices Are raising up to 12.4$ pr gallon. Eat That ****.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #64
irishgobrah
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'll eat that when I have a 35 hr work week and health insurance for the lot of us. Either way I guess I shouldn't feel bad about paying $4.07 in Rhode Island. My XJ gets around 300 miles to the tank.
00 WJ :clear lenses from an 04-wife's DD
95 XJ :2dr slowly coming along!
irishgobrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #65
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgobrah
I'll eat that when I have a 35 hr work week and health insurance for the lot of us. Either way I guess I shouldn't feel bad about paying $4.07 in Rhode Island. My XJ gets around 300 miles to the tank.
Norway seems to be one of the best countries in the world to live in, but Sorry it isnt. Health and social system over here doesnt Really work the Way its supposed to. Old people Take their own life because they arnt being Take care off. Almost no food, shower once a week and so on. Alot og people die Waiting for health care and operations. I could continued for hours writing about this. We do not Get back What We Are paying for. Its all a big scam. Just as you know. But yeah problably better Than many other places but it isnt the best system ever. Now you know.

Unread 05-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #66
Prosonic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamskiawa View Post
They control everything. I think this is their way of getting better gas millege cars on the road. Maybe. Idk. But i do Know the ford fiesta in the uk gets 65 mpgs. With a deisel. That's the way to go is deisel
The vast majority of price control comes via speculators, which basically control the price that gas trades at.
The only thing the government has complete control over is the amount of tax we pay.

Here's a link that tells you how much you pay in tax per gallon in each state:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...QsysYQ&cad=rja

Almost $.51 a gallon here in PA.

Gas traded at $3.31 today, while I paid $3.99 at the pump. Taking tax into account that means that the oil companies profited $.17 per gallon.

So, the #1 thing effecting price for us citizens is speculation, followed by taxes, then lastly profit.

Bye the way, we drive Jeeps. We don't count MPGs, we count GPM.
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #67
nmiller015
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I put $40 in the xj last night @ $3.92 a gallon, when I went my OHC read 0 mi DTE and when i left it said 125, this morning it was just over $4. Anyone know the projections for the next couple of months (going into winter) for gas prices?
Unread 05-05-2011, 04:23 AM   #68
sicma99ot
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDreamer View Post
NICE! A R6 is cool but I drive just a little Buell Blast. When warm, its my daily rider. Who can't go wrong with 50mpg city, 70mpg highway! Get a bike dude, don't look for something hot and fast. Just get something that saves you fuel and is cheap to repair. Not everything we own has to be cool, it just has to do its job correctly. Good luck with your hunt!

Erik
i dont really care what it looks like, just as long as it runs and has title. it could be hot pink and wrecked, but if it starts and has title, id run it lol. but with about alittle less than a grand to put down on it, its not easy finding a running, titled bike. i do in fact have an 82 kawi kz1000 that i picked up for $300 not running, for a project aout 6 months ago. im close but still need a dozen or so parts to get her running, just no time to work on it.

here it is when i got it.

and now, as a bobber/cafe racer type. tanks ganna be flat black also, and straight handle bars . i think ill call it the batman bike, but idk

debating weather or not to get a 250 ninja on the cheep, but no title. and id def wouldnt mind running a buell blast, i love those. btw my names eric too .

any who, to stay on topic i paid 3.91 today
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #69
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller015 View Post
I put $40 in the xj last night @ $3.92 a gallon, when I went my OHC read 0 mi DTE and when i left it said 125, this morning it was just over $4. Anyone know the projections for the next couple of months (going into winter) for gas prices?
Projections look to be going UP. Unless the dollar gets under control, expect everything to go WAY UP.

Funny, a certain radio host said we were looking at $5 a gallon by summer and everyone said he was crazy for telling people to stock up on food and basic supplies before it does. Now the price of groceries is going through the roof.....

Imagine that.
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #70
Prosonic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Projections look to be going UP. Unless the dollar gets under control, expect everything to go WAY UP.

Funny, a certain radio host said we were looking at $5 a gallon by summer and everyone said he was crazy for telling people to stock up on food and basic supplies before it does. Now the price of groceries is going through the roof.....

Imagine that.
I listen to him almost daily, and well, he is crazy.
Any logically minded person should be able to figure out that gas prices will effect the price of everything, including food.
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #71
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I keep putting $20 increments of gas into my jeep.

I only get 4.4 gallons. FML
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #72
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post

Imagine that.
yeah really man. are you talking about 100.5 radio station and glen beck?
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #73
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20 View Post
yeah really man. are you talking about 100.5 radio station and glen beck?
Dunno about you but I listen to 109.9 the big frog.....
Unread 05-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #74
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

never heard of that station lol i normally listen 100.5 and watch fox news glen beck program.
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #75
bootht99
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Price of gas here is $1.259 CAN per Litre. Thats $4.960 US per US gallon. Thats not even high right now for Canada....

Diesel is $1.219 CAN per Litre, so thats $4.77 US per US gallon.
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #10
bootht99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.