G/F wrecks the Jeep.... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > G/F wrecks the Jeep....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-01-2008, 12:13 AM   #31
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Um, my gf of a year hasn't ever driven my Jeep. She asks if she can, then when I say yes, she doesn't want to. Works out well for me.

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:51 AM   #32
collkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Win Win for you then I guess.

Yeah I don't think my Girls Like to drive the Jeep.

So i win!
Colorado Member #89
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 03:27 AM   #33
TJCole
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was going to take my wife out and let her learn how to drive stick on my jeep. After reading this i don't think it is going to happen.
TJCole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #34
portcityXJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

gf wrecked the jeep? sounds like ex gf to me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRollerSkate View Post
Do they come in any other varieties besides crap?
portcityXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #35
Whackmaster
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My wife and daughter drives mine. When I was in Laramie a couple of weeks ago my daughter started driving mine when she had car problems and when I got back home she didn't want to give my XJ back to me....
Whackmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #36
cack-
1999 TJ Wrangler 

bottom line is.. you can either still let her drive it... or every time she wants to go somewheres. stop everything you're doing to drive her and drop her off.. then a few hours later, repeat said process to pick her up. my girlfriend cant drive stick. and its the only vehicle between the 2 of us. so thats what i always end up doing. its not exactly alot of fun.
cack- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #37
cherokeekidd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

"Dont let her drive" lol, "take the keys from her" lol x2. I sure am glad we dont have some of you guys as lawmakers......
cherokeekidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #38
bingolli
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i think it all depends on the situation. accidents happen. my girlfriend cant drive stick so i dont have to worry lol
seriously tho if she did drive stick id let her drive it, shes a great driver
Unread 11-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #39
2drx4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I let girls drive my jeeps... Girls that I wouldn't even go as far as to call girlfriends. It doesn't bother me. Whatever they do is unlikely to be much worse than what I do.

Besides, she rear ended something with the jeep, now she can't say no when you try to rear end her...
2drx4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #40
bingolli
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drx4 View Post
Besides, she rear ended something with the jeep, now she can't say no when you try to rear end her...

this is a good point
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #41
PowAir

I used to drive my ex-girlfriends truck everywhere! damn near wrecked it once but came out without hitting a thing somehow. My mom likes to drive my jeep sometimes, shes the only woman that has sat in the drivers seat since i've bought it. None of the girls i know, and guys even can drive a stick so i've got that going for me. I guess that if someone wanted to drive it they could...
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #42
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I offer up the keys to my jeep when we wheel or we're just going to get grub..she always begs me to let her drive it but when i offer up she says shes scared haha
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #43
myriad360
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I think this is the best argument of all against getting an automatic... never doing that again.

Also, make sure the clutch needs to be stood on to work.
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 L, White. Bought in Vancouver, WA in 2003. 1st Jeep, White. Bought with 3" lift, added Pacesetter header and 40 series Flowmaster
myriad360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #44
boondocksaint
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pointOH1998 View Post
The girl can drive mine. But only when I ride shotgun. I about poop myself when she drives it
same here

White 95 XJ - Jacked up and abused
White 98 XJ - Stock and babied
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #45
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I would not even think twice about it honestly the keys would still be there for her. This is my thinking usually people learn from their mistakes (not always) I think she will put more distance between her and any thing in front of her.

If we had our keys taken away forever for messing up once this would be a mountain biking forum.

When my wife and I were dating she was always welcome to drive my vehicles. One of her favorites was my first XJs on 31s. One she hates more than anything is my Toyota custom cab It drives like a 4x4 limo. She does not care much to drive my current XJ. But she has always and will always be welcome to grab up the keys for anything in the yard.

I do admit though I had to work with her on some of her driving. The first big one was that she was a hood driver. This was not her fault her father taught her that if she put the center of the hood on the right line on the road she was in the center of her lane. It took a while to get her to look way ahead of her instead of just a few feet of the hood.

So here is a thought hand her the keys and ride with her and help to point out things not only about how she is driving but what to look out for when driving a lifted vehicle. I would also take her on a deserted stretch of road and have her do some panic stops especially if you don't have ABS. And for the love of Jeep have her drive some into the grass. Too many people are scared to death to hit the grass lane even if they are getting ready to run over the car in front of them. It also would not hurt to make sure she is paying attention constantly to what is going on around her so in case something unexpected happens at any given time she knows were every thing around her is and has an escape plan. This is some of the same stuff that is learned in a defensive driving coarse.

Chris.
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.