G/F wrecks the Jeep.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > G/F wrecks the Jeep....

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-31-2008, 01:47 AM   #16
Mr_Random
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango-bob View Post
Could it be your fault for not upgrading the brakes? Stock brakes and 33's make for poor stopping ability at best. I hope she's not mad at you. You should buy her some candy and flowers to make up and beg for forgiveness.

If you havn't learned this valuable lesson in life yet, then you are still having problems dealing with women.
Ah, It doesn't matter how nice the girl is... It's always the guys' fault, even if she doesn't say it is... AH! girls suck... but sometimes that's not a bad thing... well, you know...

Yes, I demand pics too!

I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
Jeepus buildicus:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/86-xj-w-mpi-budget-re-build-757079/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Using pure N2 is a total waste of money considering you can get 78% nitrogen for free.
Mr_Random is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 03:56 AM   #17
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i let the gf drive the xj once, she almost hit a parked car, none of that ever again, oh and she hit my jeep with her car, lol @ her hood.

sorry to hear about that, she needs to get her own vehicle imo, but dont be a d-bag about it, but get a nice aftermaker bumper
C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar
Jameslol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 05:48 PM   #18
lasvegasoffroad
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Yea, I didnt think there would be this much response. Yea, it is a double edged sword. First, its awesome that shes ok and the jeep isnt messed up that bad but at the same time, I can let her drive it again, shes not that great, and if anyone is on here for the right reasons, they will understand how big of a deal it is when all the money and hard work you put into an obsession is almost trashed. How many people has this happened to, their G/f's or wife's trashing their Jeep? How many let theirs drive theirs still?
lasvegasoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #19
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasoffroad View Post
How many let theirs drive theirs still?
STILL? Like I said, I've never let her....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 06:08 PM   #20
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

The girl can drive mine. But only when I ride shotgun. I about poop myself when she drives it
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 06:13 PM   #21
_Trucker
'Bigger Member'

1989 XJ Cherokee 

my wife backed my old XJ into a post in our driveway...she's dosen't even look at my jeeps now..let alone drive them.(her choice...they scare her)

NAXJA member # 3388
_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #22
TwistedcaB-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

i've let my gf drive mine on a road in the middle of nowhere with no other cars haha. that was the only way i said i'd let her drive it. i would NEVER let her drive it with out me in it
TwistedcaB- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 07:28 PM   #23
myriad360
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I let mine drive my '01 everywhere... she scares the crap out of me, but never an accident yet. Knock on wood.

She would not get to drive if she was ever at fault though. It is a double edges sword, but you also have to have a spine.
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 L, White. Bought in Vancouver, WA in 2003. 1st Jeep, White. Bought with 3" lift, added Pacesetter header and 40 series Flowmaster
myriad360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 08:16 PM   #24
jerseyjeep01
2010 JK Wrangler 

My wife is scared to drive my Jeep..... as she should be! LOL

The New Build:
2010 2dr JK 6 speed...
jerseyjeep01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #25
myriad360
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I had a similar thread earlier. Best advice I got was to lift it high, put tons of offroading stuff into it that makes it a harder DD, and women typically don't like that. Especially if you have to hop up to get into it.
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 L, White. Bought in Vancouver, WA in 2003. 1st Jeep, White. Bought with 3" lift, added Pacesetter header and 40 series Flowmaster
myriad360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 08:41 PM   #26
Guswut
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just because she's your girlfriend doesn't mean you HAVE to let her drive your car. Go tell her to buy her OWN car. Heh.
Unread 10-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #27
mud-dog27

the amount of time and money into mine if anyones gunna wreck it it'll be me that way i got no one to get mad at if something should go wrong......plus previous g/fs have been scared to ride in it let alone drive it....bottom line its mine im the only driver plus like someone else said is she gunna pay when your insurance rates go up

plus this thread sucks with out pics
89 wagoneer LTD. , 32x11.5R15 wild country RVT, 15x8 AR baja rims , surco safari roofrack w/spare tire kit , cobra 19 DXIII w/ high gear mic. 4' whip on a 3" heavy-duty spring , 4.5" rough country full leaf pack lift kit
My Jeep's Page
mud-dog27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #28
KevinR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My ex drove my Jeep a couple times (twice I think), only when I was teaching her how to drive stick though.
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #29
Kiwi Jeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Would you stop driving yourself if you rear ended someone? If yes, sure don't let her drive anymore.

Accidents happen for a variety of reasons, nobody was injured - the best outcome of any accident (imho).
Kiwi Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 10:00 PM   #30
JOeJOe
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Get her her own xj?
JOeJOe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.