G/F wrecks the Jeep.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > G/F wrecks the Jeep....

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
lasvegasoffroad
1991 XJ Cherokee 

G/F wrecks the Jeep....

Rear ended a Sonata.

Now Jeep, 5" lift on 33's and tow hooks up front

vs.

Sonata, bone-stock

Split the rear end open like a tune can. Everyone is ok, but most importantly the Jeep was ok, except for the bent bumper brackets. Really isnt noticable, but I noticed it. Again, Im a perfectionist.

So, what do i do. Im not letting her drive it anymore, is that wrong. It is the only car she has to drive..

lasvegasoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

no its not wrong, scooters are getting pretty cheap, and they can go fast. also saves gas
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
cack-
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i'd let her drive again. i mean.. theres a reason they're called accidents. unless she has some horrible track record of accidents.
cack- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

get aftermarket bumpers front and rear! haha. if its the only thing she can drive thats totally between you two

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack- View Post
i'd let her drive again. i mean.. theres a reason they're called accidents. unless she has some horrible track record of accidents.
I agree...it's still only a vehicle....oooooh did I just say that? Be glad she wasn't in the Sonata.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
Magus2727
1995 XJ Cherokee 

this thread needs pics...
NAXJA Member #2619

1995 Jeep Sport Cherokee 4x4 with an Auto and 4.0L
B&M Transmission Cooler and Autometer Tranny Temp Gauge, Ruff Stuff Diff Cover on D30.
Taraflex 1.5" BB (rear shackle only), HD Quadratec leaf springs, RE 3.5" front springs, OME Long shocks, JKS Adjustable Track Bar from K.O.R.
Daystar Control Arm Bushings, Bushwhacker Flairs, Rhino lining along bottom trim, AGR PS pump with Cooler & Filter.
Bored TB, APN Manifold, New Downpipe, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, Flowmaster Super 44.
Dual Oil Relocation Kit running two K&N301 size filters, Autometer Digital Cobalt Oil Temp and Oil Pressure Gauge.
Magus2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #7
the303hooligan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yup

i'd say make her pick up a wrench, pull old bracket off, replace with new and buy ur gas for a month...but thats just me... ..
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0 I6, D30 and D44,4.56 G2 Gears,belly,gas & steering skids, 35x12.5 Wrangler MTR Kevlars,4" ProComp Coils,1.25" JKS BL,1"Currie MML,Bilstein 5100's, Chromoly LCA's front and rear, JKS Disco's,K&N intake,PSC BFH front stinger bumper w/winch & d-rings,PSC Rear stinger/carrier w/d-ring,PSC Rocker Knockers,Dynomax Ultraflo welded ss, APN header,PIAA 520 ATP, Bestop top,alpine CDA-105 deck,Tuffy underseat Security box, JL Audio speakers in sound bar and dash, Corbeau front seats, matching Neoprene cover on bench,trimmed flares...and PLENTY more to come..
**Oil Field Trash Makin' Oil Field Ca$h**
the303hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
HavenSOV
1973 XJ Cherokee 

I want pics of the Sonata!
South West Michigan Jeepers
HavenSOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #9
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Could it be your fault for not upgrading the brakes? Stock brakes and 33's make for poor stopping ability at best. I hope she's not mad at you. You should buy her some candy and flowers to make up and beg for forgiveness.

If you havn't learned this valuable lesson in life yet, then you are still having problems dealing with women.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:47 PM   #10
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

not let her drive it????
wow, someone who has never been in a long term relationship i think.
people have wrecks, get over it.
so long as everyone is ok, vehicles can be replaced.
if you really feel like pushing yer luck, ask her to chip in on an arb bumper....and then her to help installing it.
seriously dude, its a jeep, not a living person.

martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #11
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95 View Post
I agree...it's still only a vehicle....oooooh did I just say that? Be glad she wasn't in the Sonata.
I feel the need to say....my wife never drives my jeep....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
myriad360
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasoffroad View Post
Rear ended a Sonata.

Now Jeep, 5" lift on 33's and tow hooks up front

vs.

Sonata, bone-stock

Split the rear end open like a tune can. Everyone is ok, but most importantly the Jeep was ok, except for the bent bumper brackets. Really isnt noticable, but I noticed it. Again, Im a perfectionist.

So, what do i do. Im not letting her drive it anymore, is that wrong. It is the only car she has to drive..
I think everyone is making a mistake here... yes, they are accidents. But when you rear end someone, it is your fault. It is also your fault if you kill anyone on board, or hit a pedestrian you don't see. Sorry, but in my town especially, a lot of people are getting hit, and a few getting killed. If you are a bad driver, people who have nothing to do with your crappy driving can get hurt. In this case, or in the case when my friends have had too much to drink, I am sorry, but I would take the keys. But only if it is your vehicle of course.

Now, if someone hit her, or it was an really weird traffic thing like 2 cars come to a 4 way stop at midnight during a snow storm at the same time both signaling left... then of course that is ok. So it kind of depends on your story. But as stated, if it is your vehicle, I would save the insurance costs and suffering, and at least require she take some driving courses.

Sorry for the rant, but my town is especially bad. I am tired of hit and runs and casualties because people suck at driving. C'mon, it is really hard to drive?

Cheers.
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 L, White. Bought in Vancouver, WA in 2003. 1st Jeep, White. Bought with 3" lift, added Pacesetter header and 40 series Flowmaster
myriad360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i think he was joking when he said that stuff about not letting her ever drive again, and that hes glad the jeep is ok and all that ****, so lighten up ppl
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
Baggs1977

Ive got a 65 ford thats all steel thats what i let the wife drive, well she drives the jeep home when ive been drinkin
Baggs1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #15
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggs1977 View Post
Ive got a 65 ford thats all steel thats what i let the wife drive, well she drives the jeep home when ive been drinkin
man drunk>woman sober, ill take my chances just kiddin
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.