JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   G/F wrecks the Jeep.... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/g-f-wrecks-jeep-625708/)

lasvegasoffroad 10-30-2008 05:38 PM

G/F wrecks the Jeep....

Rear ended a Sonata.

Now Jeep, 5" lift on 33's and tow hooks up front

vs.

Sonata, bone-stock

Split the rear end open like a tune can. Everyone is ok, but most importantly the Jeep was ok, except for the bent bumper brackets. Really isnt noticable, but I noticed it. Again, Im a perfectionist.

So, what do i do. Im not letting her drive it anymore, is that wrong. It is the only car she has to drive..

olds442 10-30-2008 05:42 PM

no its not wrong, scooters are getting pretty cheap, and they can go fast. also saves gas

cack- 10-30-2008 05:42 PM

i'd let her drive again. i mean.. theres a reason they're called accidents. unless she has some horrible track record of accidents.

1990JEEPXJ 10-30-2008 05:42 PM

get aftermarket bumpers front and rear! haha. if its the only thing she can drive thats totally between you two

Jeffro06 10-30-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cack- (Post 5924557)
i'd let her drive again. i mean.. theres a reason they're called accidents. unless she has some horrible track record of accidents.

I agree...it's still only a vehicle....oooooh did I just say that? Be glad she wasn't in the Sonata.

Magus2727 10-30-2008 05:45 PM

this thread needs pics...

the303hooligan 10-30-2008 05:45 PM

yup

i'd say make her pick up a wrench, pull old bracket off, replace with new and buy ur gas for a month...but thats just me...:thumbsup: ..

HavenSOV 10-30-2008 06:14 PM

I want pics of the Sonata!

durango-bob 10-30-2008 06:36 PM

Could it be your fault for not upgrading the brakes? Stock brakes and 33's make for poor stopping ability at best. I hope she's not mad at you. You should buy her some candy and flowers to make up and beg for forgiveness.

If you havn't learned this valuable lesson in life yet, then you are still having problems dealing with women.

leftlanetruckin 10-30-2008 06:47 PM

not let her drive it????
wow, someone who has never been in a long term relationship i think.
people have wrecks, get over it.
so long as everyone is ok, vehicles can be replaced.
if you really feel like pushing yer luck, ask her to chip in on an arb bumper....and then her to help installing it.
seriously dude, its a jeep, not a living person.

martin

Jeffro06 10-30-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro95 (Post 5924576)
I agree...it's still only a vehicle....oooooh did I just say that? Be glad she wasn't in the Sonata.

I feel the need to say....my wife never drives my jeep....:laugh:

myriad360 10-30-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasvegasoffroad (Post 5924541)
Rear ended a Sonata.

Now Jeep, 5" lift on 33's and tow hooks up front

vs.

Sonata, bone-stock

Split the rear end open like a tune can. Everyone is ok, but most importantly the Jeep was ok, except for the bent bumper brackets. Really isnt noticable, but I noticed it. Again, Im a perfectionist.

So, what do i do. Im not letting her drive it anymore, is that wrong. It is the only car she has to drive..

I think everyone is making a mistake here... yes, they are accidents. But when you rear end someone, it is your fault. It is also your fault if you kill anyone on board, or hit a pedestrian you don't see. Sorry, but in my town especially, a lot of people are getting hit, and a few getting killed. If you are a bad driver, people who have nothing to do with your crappy driving can get hurt. In this case, or in the case when my friends have had too much to drink, I am sorry, but I would take the keys. But only if it is your vehicle of course.

Now, if someone hit her, or it was an really weird traffic thing like 2 cars come to a 4 way stop at midnight during a snow storm at the same time both signaling left... then of course that is ok. So it kind of depends on your story. But as stated, if it is your vehicle, I would save the insurance costs and suffering, and at least require she take some driving courses.

Sorry for the rant, but my town is especially bad. I am tired of hit and runs and casualties because people suck at driving. C'mon, it is really hard to drive?

Cheers.

jebmccall 10-30-2008 10:49 PM

i think he was joking when he said that stuff about not letting her ever drive again, and that hes glad the jeep is ok and all that ****, so lighten up ppl

Baggs1977 10-30-2008 11:04 PM

Ive got a 65 ford thats all steel thats what i let the wife drive, well she drives the jeep home when ive been drinkin

olds442 10-30-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baggs1977 (Post 5926186)
Ive got a 65 ford thats all steel thats what i let the wife drive, well she drives the jeep home when ive been drinkin

man drunk>woman sober, ill take my chances :rofl: just kiddin

The time now is 01:28 PM.