fuel gage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > fuel gage

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
jumpinjeepers00
2000 FSJ Cherokee 

fuel gage

I bought a 2000 cherokee last fall with 83,000 on it. The fuel gage will sometimes work and sometimes not. It will never read full at all, just empty most of the time. Is there any chance it could be a fuse or could it be something else. Also, do I have to go to a dealer to have an extra key made? I only have one and the manual says something about a chip or something in it?

jumpinjeepers00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
BigBadWuf
1992 XJ Cherokee 

First of all just so you know its a xj cherokee not a fullsize cherokee fyi. Deffinatly not a fuse, sounds like either a sending unit, the gauge, or the wiring. And third yeah probably do have to go to dealership to get a key made, chrysler started that chip in key stuff in like 95 i think, and its gonna be exspensive like $80 if i remember correctly.
BigBadWuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
sicma99ot
1998 XJ Cherokee 

fuel level sending unit on the fuel pump assembly
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
jumpinjeepers00
2000 FSJ Cherokee 

Oops, not sure how I got that fsj on there and don't know how to change it. So is the sending unit a pricey fix? I also am in need of some new shocks, is there any recommendations? Its a nice, clean Jeep so probably no hard driving. I just want a smoother ride.
jumpinjeepers00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
weboneando
1998 XJ Cherokee 

As mentioned could be a wiring problem, and since you have a 2000 thatīs very common case, search in the Tech section for "No bus" it would give you some guidance.
weboneando is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.