Front axle shaft U-joint question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Front axle shaft U-joint question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
RWS61
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Front axle shaft U-joint question

I have a problem....how do I tell what size my u joints are on the ends of my stock front axle? They're wasted and winter is almost here..... gotta replace 'em now. Local Jeep dealer says factory Mopar parts have 2 sizes... 1.0625 dia and 1.125 dia. Can I use my VIN number to cross reference it? Is there a ID tag on the axle somewhere that I can use? It's my DD and I don't want to rip apart my front end without having the right parts to begin with....

RWS61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

'95+ uses the bigger Ujoints. You '96 would use a Spicer 5-760x series axle-shaft U joint.

All the U joints in the front and rear DS are 1310 series U joints.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.