Front axle shaft U-joint question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Front axle shaft U-joint question

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Offroad Sales Tech are Available To Help!Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, Disc

Unread 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
RWS61
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Front axle shaft U-joint question

I have a problem....how do I tell what size my u joints are on the ends of my stock front axle? They're wasted and winter is almost here..... gotta replace 'em now. Local Jeep dealer says factory Mopar parts have 2 sizes... 1.0625 dia and 1.125 dia. Can I use my VIN number to cross reference it? Is there a ID tag on the axle somewhere that I can use? It's my DD and I don't want to rip apart my front end without having the right parts to begin with....

RWS61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

'95+ uses the bigger Ujoints. You '96 would use a Spicer 5-760x series axle-shaft U joint.

All the U joints in the front and rear DS are 1310 series U joints.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.