Flares - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Flares

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostatindo View Post
damn, who's rig is that? those fenders look amazing.
A member we haven't heard from in a while. http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/Cruzin%20Illusion

Unread 03-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
There's lots of them out there but very few of them look good. One exception being...

You should be able to have someone local bend the tube and weld the flares for under what bolt on flares cost. The material alone on those is well under $100.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
ChrkeeplainsMen
2009 LJ Wrangler 

I was just seeing if people liked the rugged ridge over bushwacker are the rugged ridge stronger than the bushwacker??
ChrkeeplainsMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #19
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostatindo View Post
sounds like he doesn't have that option since it's not street-legal in Utah
man that sux ... well like Motorcharge said, emt is a good way to go ..super cheap and if it gets messed up you can make a new one for like $3.

That's what I made my roof rack out of and its been good to me.

those notchcustoms flares are pretty sweet ... they look just like the iceland offroad flares..
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtb Jak View Post
More pics of that Wagoneer header panel on the 97+ XJ....
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1

those notchcustoms flares are pretty sweet ... they look just like the iceland offroad flares..
That is cause Iceland went bankrupt and his fiberglass manufacturer was not paid , the molds were taken as collateral then sold to notch customs. Whom is selling them and if his site says they are in stock they in fact are. One of these days when I have to make a delivery to a customer by their shop I plan on stopping by to check it out.

As far as my flares are concerned I am still trying to decide on what I want to do. I don't want to spend money twice so I have to evaluate overall what my goal for the Xj is going to be. there are a few trails I love to go on that have huge boulders that like to grab 1/4 panels and rip off flares so that has me thinking of going with the HORE tube fenders I'll order the rears first get them powder coated then I'll worry about the front at a later date because if I go with the napiers and rip them off I'll be in the same boat again.
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #22
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

HORE tube fenders are $$ but really nice ...
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
MoabRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
the molds were...then sold to notch customs. Whom is selling them and if his site says they are in stock they in fact are. One of these days when I have to make a delivery to a customer by their shop I plan on stopping by to check it out.
Yep, that's right, Tom95YJ. We acquired the molds, but have also been making some modifications for a better fit, and using different materials for an even stronger hold. Come on by any time to check us out!

If you do come by anytime soon, you'll probably see we're in the middle of getting bumpers ready for sale, too. A lot of people have been asking, and yes, we have the bumper molds too, although we've completely re-designed the mounting system.

Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread, just thought we'd pop in and make our presence known. If you are interested in a set of flares, don't forget there's a pre-Easter Jeep Safari discount going on. Coupon Code "FlaresB4Easter!" gets you 5% off before March 26th.
MoabRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #24
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotchCustoms View Post
Yep, that's right, Tom95YJ. We acquired the molds, but have also been making some modifications for a better fit, and using different materials for an even stronger hold. Come on by any time to check us out!

If you do come by anytime soon, you'll probably see we're in the middle of getting bumpers ready for sale, too. A lot of people have been asking, and yes, we have the bumper molds too, although we've completely re-designed the mounting system.

Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread, just thought we'd pop in and make our presence known. If you are interested in a set of flares, don't forget there's a pre-Easter Jeep Safari discount going on. Coupon Code "FlaresB4Easter!" gets you 5% off before March 26th.

Thanks for the post .. I check out your site and watch your video, I liked it .. I really do like those flares a lot, I wish you made them in a half size too.. what I mean is something that was a little more low profile and not as wide, like the big cut out but the same width as a stock flare.
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
MoabRuss

Well, when most people are looking to cut out that much clearance, they're also looking to run som pretty big tires, and want the flares to stick out to cover them (esp in places like here in Utah, where you have to, to be street legal)

But then again, they're fiberglass, not plastic. That means modifying them is relatively easy, with no loss to the strength. We've had customers mod our flares to accomodate snorkels, and the like. You could probably cut and sand the horizontal portion down about 1" to 1.5" without affecting the rest of the shape of the flares.
MoabRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #26
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

that would be a good option. Lucy here in fl its ok to go flare less... but it would be nice to clean up the fender cuts with a flare

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.