Flaming - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Flaming

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 06-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
maddzz
1989 MJ Comanche 

Flaming

Flaming seems to have become rampant on this board lately and really detracts from the quality of the info and the board. If you dont like what someone has posted why not just ignore it and move on rather than flame.

I know this doesnt belong here but this is where i have noticed the problemI hope alot of people agree with me.

Unread 06-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I completely agree. I do have my opinions on why this is happening and have past it on to the moderators in the past. The reason I joined Jeepforum was because of the great attitudes on here but it has degraded lately especially in this section of the forum.

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Unread 06-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Go to pirate if you dont like it here.

LOL jk I think some is good. Most of the flaming isnt so much as constructive critism. Its just hard to tell what tone the other guy is using with it being typed. But I agree I have noticed it more and more also. I just try to ingnore most of it but then again if someones wrond or just straight up stupid I'll say something LOL....
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
Unread 06-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofire75 View Post
LOL jk I think some is good. Most of the flaming isnt so much as constructive critism. ....

No truer words. I was all but mocked for some of the questions I asked when I first came on here, and RIGHTFULLY SO, I could have answered my own questions with a little research. I also wanted to do something fairly gay to my Jeep, and through wise remarks, and a little advice, I realized how UNcool my idea actually was. (I wanted to rip out a perfectly good 4.0 and put a small block in at the beginning of the fuel price gouge.)

I say, if you are a BIG BOY and even half as tough as your Jeep, let it roll off your back and look at the REAL message in the reply. If someone is being an A-HOLE here, you are getting TRUE and REAL feedback that you wouldnt get if you saw the same people face-to-face. That is priceless.
Unread 06-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
maddzz
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
No truer words. I was all but mocked for some of the questions I asked when I first came on here, and RIGHTFULLY SO, I could have answered my own questions with a little research. I also wanted to do something fairly gay to my Jeep, and through wise remarks, and a little advice, I realized how UNcool my idea actually was. (I wanted to rip out a perfectly good 4.0 and put a small block in at the beginning of the fuel price gouge.)

I say, if you are a BIG BOY and even half as tough as your Jeep, let it roll off your back and look at the REAL message in the reply. If someone is being an A-HOLE here, you are getting TRUE and REAL feedback that you wouldnt get if you saw the same people face-to-face. That is priceless.
Well if you are stopping someone from doing something gay to their jeep that is a whole other story.
Unread 06-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
bushytails

Quote:
If someone is being an A-HOLE here, you are getting TRUE and REAL feedback that you wouldnt get if you saw the same people face-to-face. That is priceless.
What, you think we're nicer off the computer? :P

--Bushytails
(who doesn't spend much time flaming people, but couldn't resist that reply)
Unread 06-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #7
wil badger

Quote:
I say, if you are a BIG BOY and even half as tough as your Jeep, let it roll off your back and look at the REAL message in the reply. If someone is being an A-HOLE here, you are getting TRUE and REAL feedback that you wouldn't get if you saw the same people face-to-face. That is priceless.
Most of what you say is spot on .With a little research almost any project you can think of has been covered.I get blamed for being a **** on this forum a lot.Some of it will be expected but some of it is taken the wrong way.I just find to many people ask to many simple questions that they could easily answer for themselves with a little brain power.

Its fine to ask a question if you truly don't understand something after searching and doing some home work .I'll be glad to help.Maybe you looked at what was done and now your looking for new feed back on how a particular project went in the long run.Be happy to help you do a search to find the info or somebody else who has done the same thing and might have the answers for you.

I just get really bent when someone makes a post about death wobble and what causes it ,blah blah,blah.I mean come how many of those come up a week and waste my bandwidth...........?Or the will I rub if I stick 33's on a 2" BB?GRRRRRRRrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to get to were your wrong.I have no problems telling people how it is whether I'm face to face or on the internet.I'm a blunt and some times taken for a rude person.So be it,not going to hurt me if you don't like me or don't want to hear what I have to say.If I'm out wheeling and I see something that isn't safe or not respecting the land and how it should be used you better believe I'll open my mouth.Doesn't mean I won't help you or leave you stranded because you don't like me.I'll do what I can to help and get you back to the road whether you want my help or not,lol.

I have seen what being irresponsible and wheeling can do.I have seen many places closed to all access because of improper land use.I have seen people get hurt from failures both in doing recovery and just bad decisions in building hilly billy suspension .If I see it going on I will say something .It tends to bleed over to the internet and forum side and I have been banned from here as well as a few other sites several times for opening my mouth and being a bite harsh .I'll apologize in advance hows thats???????LOL
Unread 06-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm always down to give constructive criticism, but I agree, too much is way too much.
Unread 06-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil badger View Post
Most of what you say is spot on .With a little research almost any project you can think of has been covered.I get blamed for being a **** on this forum a lot.Some of it will be expected but some of it is taken the wrong way.I just find to many people ask to many simple questions that they could easily answer for themselves with a little brain power.

Its fine to ask a question if you truly don't understand something after searching and doing some home work .I'll be glad to help.Maybe you looked at what was done and now your looking for new feed back on how a particular project went in the long run.Be happy to help you do a search to find the info or somebody else who has done the same thing and might have the answers for you.

I just get really bent when someone makes a post about death wobble and what causes it ,blah blah,blah.I mean come how many of those come up a week and waste my bandwidth...........?Or the will I rub if I stick 33's on a 2" BB?GRRRRRRRrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to get to were your wrong.I have no problems telling people how it is whether I'm face to face or on the internet.I'm a blunt and some times taken for a rude person.So be it,not going to hurt me if you don't like me or don't want to hear what I have to say.If I'm out wheeling and I see something that isn't safe or not respecting the land and how it should be used you better believe I'll open my mouth.Doesn't mean I won't help you or leave you stranded because you don't like me.I'll do what I can to help and get you back to the road whether you want my help or not,lol.

I have seen what being irresponsible and wheeling can do.I have seen many places closed to all access because of improper land use.I have seen people get hurt from failures both in doing recovery and just bad decisions in building hilly billy suspension .If I see it going on I will say something .It tends to bleed over to the internet and forum side and I have been banned from here as well as a few other sites several times for opening my mouth and being a bite harsh .I'll apologize in advance hows thats???????LOL
What I have to say will probably make a few people mad.

I see Jeepforum as a great starter website for less experienced or younger wheelers (in general). I see a lot of of the younger crowd attach to someone one the forum because of some mod they have done and think it is cool. I completely agree with you Will on speaking up if you see something unsafe. I have done this and have taken some ugly feedback. I will tell you straight up if you are doing something that may have ill effects to you or someone else. I have a friend that built his own suspension and design and it failed going down the highway at 65MPH. I concider him to be very luck he is alive and that he did not hurt or kill anyone else. He still doesn't really remember what actually happened do to what happened in the accident. I also see many of the experienced wheelers on Jeepforum move on because of the same questions asked on a day to day basis that with a little research can be answered many times over. The problem I see is weeding out the garbage information from the real (not hacked) information. I always comment to myself when reading alot of the posts and researching the age of the person giving the response. I usually say to myself "man it would be nice to be in my teens or early twenties so I could know everything again". I know that is a broad statement and is not always true but heck I am 36 years of age have work in the automotive business and the airplane business as a mechanic, lead, supervisor and manager since I was 17 and still learn new thing everyday. I just see a lot of inexperience on this site and this is a great place to start with the basics, but you need to remember who you are getting the information from and their background. Not everyone can build a cage properly or attempt to build their own suspension. Remember there is a lot of math, geometry, and engineering that goes into building those thing to do it right. Not everyone can pick up a welder and get the proper penetration to fabricate critical items at first. These things can be achieved with experience, so I recommend starting with a less agressive project like bumpers or sliders and even with good welding skills you may never have the skills to design your own suspension, cage, or cut a Jeep up properly. There are many things that I have to depend on others to work out for me because I don't have the knowledge or experience to have confidence in doing myself. Web sites like Jeepforum should be used to gain knowledge and share experiences that you have had so others don't make the same mistakes. I would like to see the cliques go away and everyone respect other people no matter what their experience level is. I just think with the Search function and constructive criticism everyone can gain from this web site.

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Unread 06-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
wil badger

Right on and well worded there Cruzin.

I believe you and I have had a clashes on this site about different things in the past.
Even so I respect what you have to say and look at it from your side even if it doesn't match my own.I'm like you I have worked on trucks since I was old enough to drive.I'm now 34 and I still learn new things some times from somebody younger then me.Who better to learn from then somebody who is fresh to the business and is learning/learned the newest techniques being used.I belong to many forums and each one serves a different purpose.Yes JeepForum is like the beginners forum compared to places like Pirate.I go there when I need information but I damn well know to do a good deal of searching before asking a question because I know what to expect from a simple question that could have been answered in two minutes of a search.When I see a thread title that is repeated 4 times on one page it gets old no matter were you are.
Unread 06-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #11
bushytails

Paragraphs, people!

I get very, very annoyed at constant repetition of the exact same questions... if they can't be arsed to search, why should we be arsed to answer them? I've started just ingoring threads that look like yet another already answered question...

--Bushytails
Unread 06-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #12
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

granted I'm fairly new to the board, I think that some constructive critism is needed.
I used to have a VW GTI and used the vwvortex forums all the time. If you think that there's a lot of flaming going on here, check those forums.
Some flaming here and there is needed once in a while, but not in every thread.
thats just my opinion.
Unread 06-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #13
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I agree with Cruzin.

Some questions are overused, and some are just obvious.

I'm only 16, so I don't expect what I do to gain much feedback.

But he's right.

Bottom line, we aren't working on toys, these are heavy, bulky people carriers, and botched modifications can lead to injury, or death.
Unread 06-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #14
Keith
Admin

Please report posts if you feel they are out of line. That is what that function is there for;

Glock Forum
Unread 06-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #15
Steamer98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think people should get flamed when asking really basic questions that a search could answer, or when a question like "what color should I paint my skid" or whatever. You cant leave everything up to the mods to handle, so flaming a person about the search function might prevent repeated offenses.
But then there is other things like in this thread,
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575743
Bushytails going on and on about nothing related to the topic, when her concerns could be expressed in a PM. I see allot of this from different folks, and I find that more annoying than a flame.

Stock XJ tire carrier for sale
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424930
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.