First XJ, second Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > First XJ, second Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
7xes
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First XJ, second Jeep

Hello,
Just got my first XJ couple days ago. It's a Black 2000 completely stock. Haven't driven it much yet, but I'm looking around for what I want to do with it. I went through 100 threads and found some interesting rigs in here. Lots of info learned already. I was exploring my options for a lift, and am still debating somewhere between 4.5 and 6.5. I would love to have 35s on it, that's what I had on my Wrangler, and I just don't want to go with 33s and regret it later. "Do it right the first time". One XJ caught my attention, I saw a picture of it on ebay looking for a front bumper, and just can't get it out of my head. So I'd like to take the opportunity to ask what kind of tires/lift combo is on that Jeep. Im hoping someone here has seen it before and could shed some light on it. Also what kind of front bumper is it? Thanks a lot, I will be reporting back with the progress of my work!

kgrhqzhjeefeler1zc2brkosm73kw-60_3.jpg   20130224_133837.jpg  
7xes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

No idea what that lifted XJ has or the brand of bumper. Good luck with yours though.
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

That's a stock bumper with a bolt-on deer killer
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

And I would guess that's a 4.5" lift with trimming and Bushwhackers, and 32's
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

For some reason the front flares on that look like Durango flares. That could be a 4.5" with 33's on narrow rims too, hard to tell. The common arrangements are:3"w/31's unnoticeable trimming of the stock flares, 4.5"w/32's, 6"w/33's. Most guys these days are doing a 4.5" long arm with 33's and trimming of the metal fender to keep a LCOG(low center of gravity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.