First off road adventure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > First off road adventure

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
CsjeeperCs

First off road adventure

Went off roaring yesterday for the first time with my friend and her Cherokee sport, I took my Toyota sequoia. Im in love. It was so fun and even thought my car attempted more than my friends her jeep had alot easier of a time getting around. I'm working on getting ether a wrangler or a cherokee sport like my friend (we think there the sexiest things around). Cannot wait to go back to this place we found with ether of those two. If anyone wants to offer advice on how many miles or k I should buy a wrangler on (my budget is 5 grand) that would be great!
Pictures will be up later.

CsjeeperCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You can get cherokees pretty darn cheap, and some wranglers are pretty cheap. The question is, can you turn a wrench? If your budjet is $5k you might want to steer clear of wranglers unless you can do your own work. You will find a cherokee in much better condition for the same price. However, I love my wrangler and would not trade it for the world, but I would also love to have a beefy Cherokee Sport or classic.
Hope this helps.
Welcome to the world of J.E.E.P (just empty every pocket)
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
CsjeeperCs

It's not a question of wether or not I can work with a wrench it's how hard is it to learn from online forums or directions? I mean I've replaced tires changed oil and filter on my sequoia but that's it. If I could learn I would do all the work by myself. I really like the Cherokee sports but also would love a wrangler to, I would like to eventually lift ether one I purchase so I would have to do that myself. I just don't know I'm torn.
CsjeeperCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsjeeperCs View Post
It's not a question of wether or not I can work with a wrench it's how hard is it to learn from online forums or directions? I mean I've replaced tires changed oil and filter on my sequoia but that's it. If I could learn I would do all the work by myself. I really like the Cherokee sports but also would love a wrangler to, I would like to eventually lift ether one I purchase so I would have to do that myself. I just don't know I'm torn.
I was in the same boat as you. I opted for the Wrangler, and still look at the cherokees wondering how bad *** mine would be now if I had put the same amount of money in it. Maybe one day I'll pick up a cherokee and have the best of both worlds.
Good luck to you...Post pics when you get one!
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsjeeperCs View Post
I didn't know anything about my jeep until i was plugged in to jf. Now i installed a lift, built a brush guard a roof rack and a bumper, i made a cold air intake and took my doors off along with countless other things. All from information i gathered on this website.
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.