first jeep build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > first jeep build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

first jeep build

First I want to thank this forum members for all the ideas and how to threads that have made it so that I can afford to keep my jeep lol

started out with a 95 cherokee sport 124k. all stock. even came with a free set of studded tires for a final price of $1,500!!

so like everyone here, i got bit by the mod bug and decided that i needed a lift. Being that I lived in alaska at the time, I had to pick wisely at the lift I was going to get because the shipping costs would be sometimes more than the lift kit it self. With a suggestion from a local shop, i started to look into the Zone lift kits and decided that it was the one I wanted. 3" lift with aal

the kit came with zone shocks and new u bolts. I was lucky enough to not have any vibes so far *knock on wood*

ofcourse after the install, i had to test it out lol
I ended up breaking my stock sway bar connection so I ordered a JKS disco for it.

along the way I replaced my front hubs with timkin hubs, replaced the front pinion seal all thanks to my father in law.

Because alaskan winters are long and dark, for christmas, i got some ipf lights. *i dont know why the drivers side is sagging but its not really noticable in person i dont think..
one of these days I want to get me some of these covers

knowing that i was moving to seattle mid july, bought me a surco roof rack which ended up working really nice..

this is how much we had on it for the trip down

once i got down to seattle, decided i needed some luck on keeping my jeep for awhile, so here come bobble buddah

around nov 2011, for my birthday, decided to buy some duratracs for the jeep since the tires i was on were some craigslist costco 30x9.5x15 a/t. never looked back since i got the duratracs
(has a slight sag due to the aal)

then i went out to tahuya and did some poser pics hahaha

I then decided to get stuck in a random mud pit
the mud was super thick, and im just glad i had those duratracs on the jeep or else i would've been stuck for awhile

to the present.... with the help of billzcat, i installed a iro track bar, new drag link tie rod, new radiator, alternator, battery cables, and a c4x4 tow hook bracket and hooks.

for my birthday which was in nov, i had yet installed my cb radio i got as a present. was bored yesterday so i decided to finally install it.

i'll be fixing the leaky valve cover gasket and the notorious o ring seal replacement on the oil filter.

*there are many grammatical mistakes on this build thread but i dont care lol*

krnkimchi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Subscribed!
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Oh you might want to have the mods move it to the Cherokee Non-Tech Forum - you'll get more hits, views, and feedback from XJ guys there. Seems like the Jeep Builds section is just swamped with Wranglers and CJs. The wagon drivers like us need our own space.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/ is where you want it.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Completely left out the "NOMNOM" license plate. Lovin it
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i always have people tail gate me and when i see what they are doing, they are trying to take a picture of my license plate lol.
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

When I first met you I was going to ask if you worked for ICHC, they're based in Seattle you know.
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

just because im asian... doesn't mean i work for a meme company! lol
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Is that even a thing? Is there some "asian guy = meme generator" stereotype?
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

idk. lol just rambling. so i should get all my parts here shortly... all new fittings for valve cover, vc gasket, new mopar o rings, and in the theme of while we are in there.... got new oil pressure switch/sender. don't know how much pictures will be taken considering the massive dirt and oil that is in my engine bay. i feel like that just recently happened. didn't think it was that dirty
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Good call on the sender. I did that job on the ZJ too. My oil filter wrench was too small so I was using the "hammer a screwdriver through the oil filter" technique to get the old filter off. In the process, whacked the pressure sender to the point it was spewing oil whenever the engine was running.

Oops.

But I learned something that day.

Go buy the right tool, ya idiot (me)
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

if it get my work bonus in july, i plan on getting some OME,Zone, or bds leaf springs and some bilstein 5100.. hopefully i get the bonus lol
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Staying at 3" lift height?
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i really don't want to go any higher right now because i do not want to mess with the sye
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #14
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Good call. 3" and DTs will take you a lot of places. I'm out. See you tomorrow.
Unread 05-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
krnkimchi702
1995 XJ Cherokee 

hung out with richard again, and with his help, got the valve cover gasket done and the oil pressure sender switch fixed. hopefully those two things stop the oil leak on the jeep.

everything under the covers were nice and clean. I was expecting nasty stuff, but it went better than expected under the cover. with the heat under the engine, everything thats plastic becomes brittle, and we were given the great opportunity to replace the heater core hoses and connections lol now my valve cover is clean so if any leaks do appear, it will be easily noticed. Thanks richard again for your help and expertise
cleaned the cover

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.