Firewall holes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Firewall holes

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 03-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
jeepjunkie97

Firewall holes

Anyone have experience with running a power an ground cable through the firewall and into the cab? I think I'll be running some 8 gauge wires through this weekend but I want to know if there's stuff I should be cautious about

jeepjunkie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have a power wire for my sub amp running through the firewall, it's easy. Just look for an open spot, find a grommet that fits the wire and your hole, slip the grommet on your wire and then run it through the hole.

- Justin

1996 Cherokee Classic - 3.5" lift / 31.0x10.5 Mastercraft Courser CTs / Warn XD9000i - Stripped for parts / junked :(

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo - 4.7, bone stock - Wife's DD

NJ F-Body Owners Association
Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
bluejunior
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I ran my power wire through an existing grommet somewhere near the blower motor, I forget exactly where, but I just slit the grommet, ran a hangar through til I could grab it in the cab, and then used that to pull through the 4ga. It's held up well for me so far.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.