Finally driving my Jeep! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Finally driving my Jeep!

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
PR_XJ1994
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Finally driving my Jeep!

Hey I just finished the rest of the work on my Cherokee! It was a fun project working on it. I bought it back in May for $1200 and it was really rusty on the bottom and it had brake problems. First, I put a 2 inch lift on it. That was hard and frustrating becuase one of the shackle bolts broke in the middle of taking it off, but after a week the lift was finished. Then, I moved onto the brakes. I found out that the axle seal was bad and that was what was making the brakes bad. So I replaced the seals and put new brakes on....but then after driving it around the block a couple times it was leaking gear oil like crazy! It turned out the guy at Murray's gave me the wrong seal. So I went to NAPA (like I shouldve done in the first place) and got the right ones and put those on. Then I cut off all the rust near the rockers and rivetted sheetmetal onto the big holes. Then I bondo and sanded it and primered and painted it. Then I got a bumper from the junkyard because the old one was rusty. I painted it and it looks like a new bumper. On Monday the car was all finished and I got insurance yesterday. Now that I can drive it anywhere, the cars been awesome and I love it. It was a fun project and I learned a lot of things. I think it'll make a great first car!

Unread 08-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

sounds awesome dude, hows chi treating ya i live in bloomington normal
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Dannn
1998 TJ Wrangler 

good job, glad to hear it
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #4
PR_XJ1994
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxj9197 View Post
sounds awesome dude, hows chi treating ya i live in bloomington normal
chi's alright but i dont know the constant shifting might get a little annoying lol. do u know any good off roading places in the chicagoland area?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.