Finally driving my Jeep! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Finally driving my Jeep!

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 08-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
PR_XJ1994
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Finally driving my Jeep!

Hey I just finished the rest of the work on my Cherokee! It was a fun project working on it. I bought it back in May for $1200 and it was really rusty on the bottom and it had brake problems. First, I put a 2 inch lift on it. That was hard and frustrating becuase one of the shackle bolts broke in the middle of taking it off, but after a week the lift was finished. Then, I moved onto the brakes. I found out that the axle seal was bad and that was what was making the brakes bad. So I replaced the seals and put new brakes on....but then after driving it around the block a couple times it was leaking gear oil like crazy! It turned out the guy at Murray's gave me the wrong seal. So I went to NAPA (like I shouldve done in the first place) and got the right ones and put those on. Then I cut off all the rust near the rockers and rivetted sheetmetal onto the big holes. Then I bondo and sanded it and primered and painted it. Then I got a bumper from the junkyard because the old one was rusty. I painted it and it looks like a new bumper. On Monday the car was all finished and I got insurance yesterday. Now that I can drive it anywhere, the cars been awesome and I love it. It was a fun project and I learned a lot of things. I think it'll make a great first car!

Unread 08-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

sounds awesome dude, hows chi treating ya i live in bloomington normal
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Dannn
1998 TJ Wrangler 

good job, glad to hear it
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #4
PR_XJ1994
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxj9197 View Post
sounds awesome dude, hows chi treating ya i live in bloomington normal
chi's alright but i dont know the constant shifting might get a little annoying lol. do u know any good off roading places in the chicagoland area?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.