Few Newbie ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Few Newbie ?'s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
crawlinfreak
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Few Newbie ?'s

1. Thoughts on Zone Offroad.
2. Just picked up a 1990 XJ 2dr. How the hell do i get the windshield wipers to squirt?
3. im tearing out all the carpet to bedline. Autozone has the Rustoleum spray on for 7.00 a can or a really small paint on (cant remember the brand) for 35.
any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

crawlinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

1.Zone is ok if the leafs on the XJ now arent sagging,(zone uses AAl i think)
2. look on the wiper stalk there should be a button to push on the end(i drove a 96 cherokee for a week i cant remember)
3. buy the gallon of herculiner better off
Unread 02-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

1. I considered a Zone lift. They seem ok. I don't know anyone who runs them though.
2. remove the spray hoses from the nozzle. Clean the nozzle out with canned air. Same with the hoses, replace if damaged.
3. It is going to take a lot of spray bombs to do that. I used Herculiner on my TJ and it has been good.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Make sure which ever liner you apply you give it a full day to cure or you'll rub it right off the metal. AMHIK
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
scott_jeep
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Front wipers you push the end piece on the stalk, specifically the part that you twist to turn the wipers on, in towards the steering wheel. Then you have to run the wipers, it won't do it automatically.

Rear wiper you push the bottom half of the wiper switch to the right of the wheel.
scott_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
Mike1084
1979 CJ7 

Steve Fendt at Zone Offroad did me ok with their cust service.
sfendt@zoneoffroad.com
Mike1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
crawlinfreak
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you for your responses.
The guy i got it from "loves jeeps and loves to maintain them" this things a piece of ****.
but it will be good to go in due time.

The steering gear where the links from the steering wheel attach, is broken from the frame so when i turn the wheel it tweaks alll over the place. and i have no steering for like 2 full turns of the wheel.

the wiper/blinker lever is just a rod. so i dont know how to hardly work it. (im a marine i need some damn pictures/drawings)

Other than that everything else actually works pretty good. other than the back being like a walmart M/T. the front is like a good year a/t and a michelin gay/t
crawlinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bedliner , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.