Explain backspacing.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Explain backspacing..

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
natexj
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Explain backspacing..

I want wheels that stick out far because of my bushwackers.So do i need 4'' basckspacing of 3.75.???Anyone just confirm if 4'' is a dished out wheel to fill out my bushwackers.Thanks i apreciate it.

natexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #2
natexj
1987 XJ Cherokee 

The reason why im asking though is im hitting my mopar front skid.And i wanted to make sure that my stock gc wheels werent 4'' because the ones im buying are 4" backspacing.
Unread 07-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
wil badger

The lower the number the more the wheel will stick out of the wheel well.Most people with after market tires will go to a 3.75" back spacing.
Unread 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
natexj
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Is there any lower number yet.Im running 31-10.5 tires with bushwackers.Looks like it has bucktooth...
Unread 07-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
wil badger

There is no need to go below 3.75 that's more then enough to clear the control arms and front skid you are talking about.If you bring the tires and rim any further out you are only causing more issues.You are putting undo stress on the unit bearing.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.