Exhaust Options...... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Exhaust Options......

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 04-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Exhaust Options......

So I have had a few different exhaust setups....First was a Thrush welded muffler...didn't like it... then I had a Dynomax Bullet...sounded too raspy...then I bought a Flowmaster Super 10....sounded good but was a bit annoying at times...so then I switched to a Magnaflow muffler...just the universal one...sounds good at higher RPMs but is a little too quiet for me... I have had it for about 2 months and not sure if it has already broken in yet or not....my question is....I was thinking of just replacing the muffler with a peice of pipe and running no muffler....not sure on that, or thinking of just trying a different muffler all together, just not sure which...I like loud but not the sound of a flowmaster..I would like a more mellow deeper tone but still a bit loud.

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
So I have had a few different exhaust setups....First was a Thrush welded muffler...didn't like it... then I had a Dynomax Bullet...sounded too raspy...then I bought a Flowmaster Super 10....sounded good but was a bit annoying at times...so then I switched to a Magnaflow muffler...just the universal one...sounds good at higher RPMs but is a little too quiet for me... I have had it for about 2 months and not sure if it has already broken in yet or not....my question is....I was thinking of just replacing the muffler with a peice of pipe and running no muffler....not sure on that, or thinking of just trying a different muffler all together, just not sure which...I like loud but not the sound of a flowmaster..I would like a more mellow deeper tone but still a bit loud.
If you want Loud go without a muffler. I have a Magnaflow cat with no muffler. Once you get around 2,500 rpms you can't hear yourself think. It has a nice rumble when your sitting still to.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
If you want Loud go without a muffler. I have a Magnaflow cat with no muffler. Once you get around 2,500 rpms you can't hear yourself think. It has a nice rumble when your sitting still to.
I too have a magnaflow hi cat too... does it sound raspy or deep?
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I too have a magnaflow hi cat too... does it sound raspy or deep?
Not raspy it's pretty deep though
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
Not raspy it's pretty deep though
hmmmmm. you don't have a sound clip by any chance do you? Really thinking about doing it......
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

hmmmmm. you don't have a sound clip by any chance do you? Really thinking about doing it......
Won't be home till tomorrow but I'll try and get you one then.
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
ChEaPsK87
1987 XJ Cherokee 

just cut the exhaust right at the bell housing! no cat or muffler. cant hear yourself think at idle. haha just kidding! but I did have to cut mine to drop my trans and I ran it like that for about 1hr and I had a headache!

I like the flowmaster myself though.
ChEaPsK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

This is my Jeep I have the part #'s in the video

I used a2.5" 4" round body x 14" magnaflow muffler with a 2.5" Thunderbolt hiflow cat, 2.5" Mandrel bent Tailpipe, 2.5" mandrel bent downpipe

Unread 04-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

You still want a sound clip sorry my Jeep has been down for a couple of says.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.