Enter your Jeep in the June CoTM Contest NOW!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Enter your Jeep in the June CoTM Contest NOW!!!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
Teej
Jordan's Bish

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Enter your Jeep in the June CoTM Contest NOW!!!

Sup guys!

Chris has bestowed upon me the task of hosting this month's CoTM. Everything is going as usual this month. All XJs and MJs are encouraged to enter. Use the format below, and PM me your info and three pictures for your entry.

Rules are as usual.

Submission Rules and Guidelines

Anyone with a Jeep Cherokee XJ or Comanche is allowed to enter this contest if they have been a JF member for at least 30 days and have a minimum of 25 technical posts. Contest entries will not be accepted from anyone serving in a JeepForum support function including forum moderators, administrators, vendors, or employees. Any of the above with an active JF account have one vote that can be used in the poll if desired.

During the second week of each month I'll start the entry thread. The entry thread will last 7-10 days depending on response. The voting/poll thread will begin in the third week of each month. The poll thread will last one week and the winner will be determined by the most votes received from fellow JF members.
In the event of a tie a new poll will be created with only the contestants that are tied. Tie-breaker shoot-out polls will last for 1 day to determine the winner.

Submit your jeep entry in the following format and send it via PM to Teeeejay.
Title your PM submission with “COTM Entry” and the current month.
Please include the information below in your entry.

1. JeepForum.com user name.

2. Fill out the following:
*Please leave the [B*] [*/B] code - just copy and paste and put in your info after the dash at the end of each heading.

[B*]Year:[*/B] -
[B*]Model:[*/B] -
[B*]Drive Train:[*/B] -
[B*]Suspension:[*/B] -
[B*]Wheels/Tires:[*/B] -
[B*]Other Notable Modifications:[*/B] -
[B*]Favorite Modification:[*/B] -
[B*]Least Favorite Modification:[*/B] -
[B*]Best Trail Damage:[*/B] -
[B*]Build Thread:[*/B] -
[B*]Optional:[*/B] - Any story on how jeep came to be, so if you got something sweet let us know what it is!

3. Please include links to three pictures of your Jeep. Make sure these pictures can be linked to JeepForum.com. Most people use Photobucket.com to host their images.

If you win the contest you will not be able to submit a new entry for a total of 12 months from the time you won. Those who did not win can resubmit as many times as they want in the following months. Company owned or sponsored rigs will not be allowed to enter since it wouldn't be unfair to those who operate on a personal budget.
Monthly COTM winners will be featured in the 'Past Cherokee/Comanche of the Month Winners' Sticky-Thread and be entitled to all due bragging rights. COTM winners will also be awarded a complimentary 1-year JeepForum premium membership in recognition of their accomplishment and will be automatically entered in the Cherokee/Comanche Of The Year contest in December. The winner of the COTY contest will be awarded a complimentary lifetime JeepForum premium membership. Thanks go out to the JF administration for sponsoring these membership awards.

Voting Rules and Guidelines

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely won’t be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature and only with the official and approved link that will be provided to contestants.
Let’s have good clean poll thread. Thanks.

With all that said, let's get started.

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Woohooo let's get it on! Thanks for hosting this month Teeejay.
I like the variety of having different people jumping in to do these contests. Any prior COTM winners interested in hosting an upcoming contest shoot pm my way to let me know.
I hope we get a lot of June entries, send them to TJ!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 05:05 AM   #3
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Upcoming weekend is Jeepfest, meaning I'll have pictures of actual wheeling, so expect my entry on Sunday night.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
Teej
Jordan's Bish

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Upcoming weekend is Jeepfest, meaning I'll have pictures of actual wheeling, so expect my entry on Sunday night.
Awesome! I'll be waiting.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

when are entries due?
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
Teej
Jordan's Bish

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy View Post
when are entries due?
Somewhere around next Monday, but I'll extend it if we don't get enough entries.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 06-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeeejay View Post
Somewhere around next Monday, but I'll extend it if we don't get enough entries.
cool! gunna see if i cant get a picture of the knucklebone before entries are due
- Build Thread -
Unread 06-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #8
Teej
Jordan's Bish

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
cool! gunna see if i cant get a picture of the knucklebone before entries are due
Awesome! Looking forward to your entry.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 06-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #9
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hell yea TJ, its on like Donkey Kong. Hope to see a lot of entries this month!

Just one more month til I can enter again.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #10
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Hell yea TJ, its on like Donkey Kong. Hope to see a lot of entries this month! Just one more month til I can enter again.
So basically one more month until you super sweep hahaha
- Build Thread -
Unread 06-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
Teej
Jordan's Bish

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Hell yea TJ, its on like Donkey Kong. Hope to see a lot of entries this month!

Just one more month til I can enter again.
Everyone loves your Jeep. If you don't win next month I'll honestly be shocked.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #12
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
So basically one more month until you super sweep hahaha
Quote:
Everyone loves your Jeep. If you don't win next month I'll honestly be shocked.
Lmao thanks guys, but theres plenty of rigs on here built much better than mine, they just arent pic whores as much as I am.

Really I consider several aspects of my build a little halfassed really, I just get to wheel a lot, it is kind of photogenic, I booger a weld on it occasionally, and this is JF. When it comes down to it, its got a 100+ page build thread and still on stock axles. Over on Pirate this things "cute".
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 06-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Lmao thanks guys, but theres plenty of rigs on here built much better than mine, they just arent pic whores as much as I am. Really I consider several aspects of my build a little halfassed really, I just get to wheel a lot, it is kind of photogenic, I booger a weld on it occasionally, and this is JF. When it comes down to it, its got a 100+ page build thread and still on stock axles. Over on Pirate this things "cute".
None of us have the money/expertise to make something they'd like over on pirate haha well I should say very few haha
- Build Thread -
Unread 06-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #14
Teej
Jordan's Bish

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Lmao thanks guys, but theres plenty of rigs on here built much better than mine, they just arent pic whores as much as I am.

Really I consider several aspects of my build a little halfassed really, I just get to wheel a lot, it is kind of photogenic, I booger a weld on it occasionally, and this is JF. When it comes down to it, its got a 100+ page build thread and still on stock axles. Over on Pirate this things "cute".
Actually, all you have that I don't is the stiffeners and a few addons here and there (shock mounts and rear bump plates to name a few) so yeah lol. I don't pic whore like you do.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #15
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
None of us have the money/expertise to make something they'd like over on pirate haha well I should say very few haha
Thats the damn truth lol.

Quote:
Actually, all you have that I don't is the stiffeners and a few addons here and there (shock mounts and rear bump plates to name a few) so yeah lol. I don't pic whore like you do.
Haha yep, hell your one up on me with that winch.

My setup is pretty much comprised of the most minimal of things I need to run the tougher lines at the offroad park I frequent without beating it all to hell. So pretty much 35s, a locker, bumpstops, and just basic fab work of raising some low hanging fruit a little farther away from terra firma. Currie or not Im still just on short arms, not geared, and hell I dont even have an SYE.

My goal over the next few months is to keep this thing pretty much where its at. Im already at my desired height and tire size, and now with the new leafs, the last of the original suspension components are in the trash. I just gotta go back over and fine tune, adding the missing pieces to the puzzle I skimped on early in the build. Just like everyone else really. No different.

Sincerely,
The Tightwad that Takes Pretty Pitcherz
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.