Enter your jeep in the July COTM contest!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Enter your jeep in the July COTM contest!!!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Enter your jeep in the July COTM contest!!!

Happy 4th of July fellow jeepers!

First off I’d like to thank The_Blacksmith for the efforts to keep this contest alive in previous months. Due to his time constraints from other obligations, I’ll be carrying on the COTM contest for the time being. In light of the holiday upon us and to help get things off to a good start, I’m starting this thread a week early this month.
This monthly event is intended to be fun and good natured, thus the rules are as simple as possible.

You may enter your Jeep in the XJ/Comanche Cherokee of the Month Contest if your entry meets the following requirements. If your entry does not meet the requirements below it will be rejected. The following rules and guidelines are subject to change as needed so please check back each month for updates.

Submission Rules and Guidelines

Anyone with a XJ, MJ, or FSJ is allowed to enter this contest if they have been a member for at least 30 days and have a minimum of 25 technical posts.

During the second week of each month I will create a thread titled “Enter your Jeep in the (Current Month) COTM Contest". The thread will last 7-10 days depending on the amount of response. The voting thread will begin in the third week of each month and be titled “Vote for the (Current Month) COTM!”. This poll thread will last one week and the winner will be determined by the most votes received from fellow JF members. At the end of the year all jeeps that won the previous months will be automatically entered for Cherokee of The Year.

Submit your jeep entry in the following format and send it via PM to chris87xj.
Title your PM submission with “COTM Entry” and the "Current Month".
Please include the information below in your entry.

1. JeepForum.com user name.

2. Fill out the following:

*****Please leave the [ B] [ /B] code, it helps make life easier when I create the voting thread. Just copy and paste then fill out your info after the [ /B].*****

[B]Year:[ /B]
[B]Model:[ /B]
[B]Drive Train:[ /B]
[B]Suspension:[ /B]
[B]Wheels/Tires:[ /B]
[B]Other Notable Modifications:[ /B]
[B]Favorite Modification:[ /B]
[B]Least Favorite Modification:[ /B]
[B]Best Trail Damage:[ /B]
[B]Build Thread:[ /B]
[B]Optional:[ /B] Any story on how jeep came to be, so if you got something sweet let us know what it is!

3. Please include links to three pictures of your Jeep. Make sure these pictures can be linked to JeepForum.com. Most people use Photobucket.com to host their images.

Should you win the contest you will not be able to submit a new entry for a total of 12 months from the time you won. You will have your own thread throughout the month you won; you will be featured in the Past Cherokee of the Month Winners Thread and be entitled to all due bragging rights. Those who did not win can resubmit as many times as they want in the following months.

Voting Rules and Guidelines

If your entry makes it to the final poll you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so. If you are found cheating in anyway, you will be disqualified from the contest and never be allowed to enter again. In some cases you may also be banned.
The following would be considered cheating:

1. Making multiple accounts to vote for yourself.
2. Asking anyone else to make multiple accounts to vote for you.
3. Asking your friends to register on JeepForum.com so they can vote for you. Excessive new member votes could be not counted.
4. Promoting your entry on any other website asking people to vote for you. This includes threads, signatures, or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
5. Posts or threads anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
6. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
7. Do not post extra pictures in the voting thread. There is a reason for the three picture limit.

Company owned or sponsored rigs will not be allowed to submit. It is unfair to everyone else who operates on a budget.

This is not a popularity contest, this is to see who feels who’s Jeep is the best.
The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature but please do so in a tasteful way, just keep it in line with other JF signatures. This contest is for the members of JF to decide.

In the event of a tie a new poll will be created with the contestants that are tied. This poll will last for 1 day where the winner will be decided.

It is your responsibility to help make sure the contest is known about (aka CRAWL it!!).
Feel free to use this thread for relevant discussion; post up if you’re in or keep it to yourself if you’d rather, or bump it back to the top so it doesn’t get buried.

I’ll be offline for a little R&R the latter part of this week and out of touch, but will check back in early next week. Let’s do this and have some fun at it.
Let the games begin!!!

chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Entered
Unread 07-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

awesome!
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hopefully there are plenty of entries this time around! Getting ready to throw a bunch of parts and steel at mine in the next month, so hopefully I'll be able to get in on August's thread!
donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

hoorah this thread is hanging in on the JF homepage at #5 in the top five crawled threads this week.
We have a couple entries so there will be a poll thread.
Need a few more to make it exciting, so if you're reading this and thinking about sending that PM, go ahead and do it. You know you want to.
I'm outta here for a few days cause there's some big fish out in the river needing my attention. Keep this thread up on the 1st page while I'm gone okay?

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
hoorah this thread is hanging in on the JF homepage at #5 in the top five crawled threads this week.
We have a couple entries so there will be a poll thread.
Need a few more to make it exciting, so if you're reading this and thinking about sending that PM, go ahead and do it. You know you want to.
I'm outta here for a few days cause there's some big fish out in the river needing my attention. Keep this thread up on the 1st page while I'm gone okay?
Good Luck in catching a state record breaker !

BTT: Bump
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

First Page? No problem!
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Btt!
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I heard a rumor that the op wants to keep this thread at the top !

Bump for the night crew
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'll give it a shot.
[COLOR=White] White Jeep Club Member #108 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]R.I.P. Troy Edwards[/COLOR]

My Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-xj-project-arctic-wolf-1126101/"]Project [color="white"]Arctic Wolf[/color][/URL]
XJ_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

See, he's already doing a better job. Told everyone they would be in good hands ^^

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Bump
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #13
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I just saw this on the front page... TOP topic haha! BTT!
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Front page bump son
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #15
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Well how about that, this thread is indeed battling it out for most crawled thread of the week on the JF home page.
Better yet, we got a couple more entries over the weekend so it’ll be a good poll thread.
All of the entrants so far are XJ’s. I’ll leave this thread up through the end of the week and with any luck we’ll have another jeeper to throw their hat in the ring fill to fill out the poll. Go ahead and send me that PM, you know you want to!
Thanks for keeping this visible gents, nice work.

Speaking of luck, my fishing trip was great. Didn’t break any state records but did score a personal best with a 44” 66lb flathead. State record is 79lb 8oz - 1966.
Jeep on brothers!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!

Tags
cotm

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.