enter your jeep in the July 2008 C.O.M. contest - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > enter your jeep in the July 2008 C.O.M. contest

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Tweaks at JeepHutJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 06-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

enter your jeep in the July 2008 C.O.M. contest

Now accepting entries for the Cherokee of the Month contest for July 2008.

Please read the updated rules here before submitting, otherwise your entry will not be accepted.

Voting will begin on the 25th of the month.

Email your entry to xjofthemonth@yahoo.com

Good Luck!

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well only one entry has been received so far.

I'll give it about 24 more hours and if nobody puts in we'll cancel until next month.

Unread 06-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Its probably because not many visit the gen disc as much as tech, and people expect the COM in the tech section.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

PM me if you need a filler spot. Not anywhere done with mine but I'll whore some pics and try my best LOL.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
Its probably because not many visit the gen disc as much as tech, and people expect the COM in the tech section.
True however there are over 70 views to this thread and only one entry.

Unread 06-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #6
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Who's the first entry?
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

I would enter, but i dont want to if its just gonna be me and somebody else. Next month you should keep the COM here, but post the entry sticky in both tech and discussion with a reminder that it will take place here and see if people take note.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #8
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like we'll try again next month.

Unread 06-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How about making a thread where future nominees can post 2 pics of their XJ and a short section of info on it and let people nominate the rigs they like. They do that over on fullsizebronco.com and it works great plus when nominating someone you get more pride in accepting because you werent the one puttin it out there.

What you think?
Unread 06-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
ddeadserious
1998 ZJ 

I'll enter again if you've got more than one other interested....

1998 White ZJ Laredo: 5.2/242 // d30/d44a // BB // MX6's // Black Steelies // 30x9.50x15 BFG A/T's // FM50 // JCR T-Case Skid // Leather and stuff
ddeadserious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #11
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

When we first started the COM it was a nomination process but it didn't work. What you are describing is a slightly different method but I believe the result will be the same. If someone wants to enter, there's no point in posting two pictures somewhere for people to select from. They could simply send their info in and if it meets the simple criteria it is a guaranteed in so long as there are less than 5 entries. If there are more than 5 entries I select.

What we have now is really the simplest way to do it I think.

It really makes no difference to me if we have the COM or not. From day one we started it because it was what the forum users wanted to do. Not what I or any one other person wanted to do. Only one entry shows a lack of interest in continuing to have a contest every month.

I like the suggestions above about posting the announcement in both sections. We'll try that for next month and see what happens.

Unread 06-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

O ok it works really good for some newer guys over on FSB.com.

Well can we nominate a few guys and you look at their profile an see what you think? I look and vote every month. IDk why more people dont. Maybe we need to make it a bigger thing than it is now. On FSB.com their Ford of the Month is always a biggy and they get some info and pics featured in Bronco driver magazine.

Maybe on the home webpage put pics and an article of the rigs that won from that month. If its a little bigger thing more people will vote.

My .02
Unread 06-26-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
XJ_Hunter
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I always like the COM threads. I dont have anything worthy of being in here, or I would. Im finally getting my lift and stuff in the next week or two, it still wont be anything special, but Ill put it in to keep things going.
XJ_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #14
Steamer98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe the jerk that entered should just be given July, seems fair enough

Stock XJ tire carrier for sale
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424930
Steamer98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #15
camjeep3
1988 MJ Comanche 

is his xj red?
6inch RE lift w/ Spring over-8.8 aussie locker and 4.56s
High School Jeepers #15
camjeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.