JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   enter your jeep in the July 2008 C.O.M. contest (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/enter-your-jeep-july-2008-c-o-m-contest-571131/)

EricsXJ 06-15-2008 10:55 PM

enter your jeep in the July 2008 C.O.M. contest

Now accepting entries for the Cherokee of the Month contest for July 2008.

Please read the updated rules here before submitting, otherwise your entry will not be accepted.

Voting will begin on the 25th of the month.

Email your entry to xjofthemonth@yahoo.com

Good Luck!

EricsXJ 06-24-2008 10:18 PM

Well only one entry has been received so far.

I'll give it about 24 more hours and if nobody puts in we'll cancel until next month.

ReconMill 06-24-2008 10:21 PM

Its probably because not many visit the gen disc as much as tech, and people expect the COM in the tech section.

broncofire75 06-24-2008 10:46 PM

PM me if you need a filler spot. Not anywhere done with mine but I'll whore some pics and try my best LOL.

EricsXJ 06-24-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millhousenator (Post 5377428)
Its probably because not many visit the gen disc as much as tech, and people expect the COM in the tech section.

True however there are over 70 views to this thread and only one entry.

broncofire75 06-24-2008 11:03 PM

Who's the first entry?

ReconMill 06-25-2008 07:59 PM

I would enter, but i dont want to if its just gonna be me and somebody else. Next month you should keep the COM here, but post the entry sticky in both tech and discussion with a reminder that it will take place here and see if people take note.

EricsXJ 06-25-2008 09:20 PM

Looks like we'll try again next month.

broncofire75 06-25-2008 10:02 PM

How about making a thread where future nominees can post 2 pics of their XJ and a short section of info on it and let people nominate the rigs they like. They do that over on fullsizebronco.com and it works great plus when nominating someone you get more pride in accepting because you werent the one puttin it out there.

What you think?

ddeadserious 06-25-2008 10:16 PM

I'll enter again if you've got more than one other interested....

EricsXJ 06-25-2008 10:21 PM

When we first started the COM it was a nomination process but it didn't work. What you are describing is a slightly different method but I believe the result will be the same. If someone wants to enter, there's no point in posting two pictures somewhere for people to select from. They could simply send their info in and if it meets the simple criteria it is a guaranteed in so long as there are less than 5 entries. If there are more than 5 entries I select.

What we have now is really the simplest way to do it I think.

It really makes no difference to me if we have the COM or not. From day one we started it because it was what the forum users wanted to do. Not what I or any one other person wanted to do. Only one entry shows a lack of interest in continuing to have a contest every month.

I like the suggestions above about posting the announcement in both sections. We'll try that for next month and see what happens.

broncofire75 06-25-2008 10:51 PM

O ok it works really good for some newer guys over on FSB.com.

Well can we nominate a few guys and you look at their profile an see what you think? I look and vote every month. IDk why more people dont. Maybe we need to make it a bigger thing than it is now. On FSB.com their Ford of the Month is always a biggy and they get some info and pics featured in Bronco driver magazine.

Maybe on the home webpage put pics and an article of the rigs that won from that month. If its a little bigger thing more people will vote.

My .02

XJ_Hunter 06-26-2008 10:33 AM

I always like the COM threads. I dont have anything worthy of being in here, or I would. Im finally getting my lift and stuff in the next week or two, it still wont be anything special, but Ill put it in to keep things going.

Steamer98 06-26-2008 03:06 PM

Maybe the jerk that entered should just be given July, seems fair enough ;)

camjeep3 06-26-2008 03:33 PM

is his xj red?:teehee:

The time now is 12:38 PM.