E-15 to replace E-10? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > E-15 to replace E-10?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
94beachxj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
the bad heads in the penta tick has nothing to do with fuel. I am sure Jeep would love to blame the fuel, void the warranty.

I can get 100octain unleaded, or 105 octain LEADED at about any gas station here. The latter is about 7;50$ a gallon. Just pony up.
I own a 2012 Wrangler with those so called "bad" Pentastar heads.
I used Real gas, and used the proper detailed "break-in" procedures that were in the Jeep's owners manuel.
At 16k miles,my Petastar engine is as/or more quiet that the ones I have seen with the head replacements.
I guess you could be correct, on the gas thing, but I have the Jeep to prove my points

$7.50 a gal???? hello. lol

Peace.

94beachxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #32
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94beachxj View Post
$7.50 a gal???? hello. lol
If you've got an engine that takes leaded, 100LL avgas is a little cheaper (~$6.50/gal) at most GA (general aviation) airports but it still isn't exactly "cheap". And since it isn't "legal" for on-road use you have to pump into cans, though the same applies to leaded racing fuel. Of course once you take it off-site you can do whatever you want with it.
dmill89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #33
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unless you are in the great state of "Kalifornia". Where not all the nuts and fruits are on the trees,
If you get caught with leaded gas, even in your lawn mower, you are subject to a nasty visit from the AQMD.
And, I would bet they stick your Jeep, Truck, cars, weedwhacker....etal. Just to prove that you are a scofflaw.

Ain't the EPA grand?
I live in a very sensitive area for smog, and yes, I do remember the days you could not breathe because of the smog.
But adding alcohol, and other junk to our fuel causes the vehicles to use more fuel, so the amount of hydrocarbons, and CO2 would I think remain the same.
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #34
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmill89 View Post
If you've got an engine that takes leaded, 100LL avgas is a little cheaper (~$6.50/gal) at most GA (general aviation) airports but it still isn't exactly "cheap". And since it isn't "legal" for on-road use you have to pump into cans, though the same applies to leaded racing fuel. Of course once you take it off-site you can do whatever you want with it.
When did AvGas become outlawed on the street? I used to fill my Bug up with 112LL at Aretz years ago - had the heads mightily shaved, wouldn't even idle right on anything less than 100LL...

Ran like a raped ape on 110LL, 112LL, 120LL, and even 130LL when I could find it!
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #35
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90 View Post
When did AvGas become outlawed on the street? I used to fill my Bug up with 112LL at Aretz years ago - had the heads mightily shaved, wouldn't even idle right on anything less than 100LL...

Ran like a raped ape on 110LL, 112LL, 120LL, and even 130LL when I could find it!
Leaded gasoline of any kind has been illegal for on-road use since 1996 (as per EPA). Leaded gas is still legal for off-road use though (in most states).

Officially using leaded gas on public roads carries a maximum fine of $10,000 though it is not well enforced in most areas.
dmill89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.