Durt Divers 98 build (lots of pics) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Durt Divers 98 build (lots of pics)

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 12-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #76
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I saw an XJ same color as yours with these on it parked at the CVS by my house... If I see it again I'll take a pic.

Looked bad***.

Detroit Wheels 171-5865B Ion 171 Series Black Baja Wheels

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #77
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsun View Post
nice snow pics bro! My jeep got its first taste of snow Today aswell! along with my first wheeling in the Snow... your build is coming along great keep it up!
thanks alot man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65th View Post
Looks awesome! Haha my brother goes to Oakland U near you, hes got a nice KJ.
thanks yup i know OU pretty well haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
How much was the front bumper? Looking to get one for mine.
i just looked at his site and he's having some pretty crazy deals check it out. Nates4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
I saw an XJ same color as yours with these on it parked at the CVS by my house... If I see it again I'll take a pic.

Looked bad***.

Detroit Wheels 171-5865B Ion 171 Series Black Baja Wheels
man those wheels are way nice but every dollar counts, and d windows are 50 a pop so with four i'd save 120 bucks which would equal the lighting upgrade i wanna do

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #78
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i have a couple problems.....
first i had a flat today, i think it was a slow leak and we just filled it back up with air and it was fine... we'll see how it holds up

also my bumper is rusting quite a bit, i didn't quite get paint in the tight spots i guess so as soon as its warm and not raining i'll get to it.... but my dad thinks there is water inside my bumper. i know its possible, but how likely is it?? the spot on the floor is why he thinks its inside the bumper

Unread 01-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #79
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Figured out that the crap on the ground is actually coolant. I'm leaking so I gotta figure that out. Hopefully I don't need a new radiator.

Unread 01-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #80
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

shop is replacing radiator cause my dad doesn't want to help me in the cold. hopefully he helps me out with the $300 its gonna cost.

Unread 01-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #81
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver View Post
shop is replacing radiator cause my dad doesn't want to help me in the cold. hopefully he helps me out with the $300 its gonna cost.
oh **** dude. $300?? you could get a nice 3 core rad from DPG offroad for that. Radiators aren't that hard to do. The biggest pain is the auto tranny line, but you can get a tool for that from autozone that makes it 100x easier. Sucks you aren't closer I would help you out. I hate seeing people get ripped off.

Edit: just noticed you have an AX-15. Thats even easier

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #82
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

/\ /\ /\.....................what he said.

Bruiser -- 93 XJ Sport. 9.5" lift on 35"" Claws, Locked front & Rear, and some other crap. Rolled it
Cruiser -- 1998 XJ Classic. 3" RC lift. 32" Kuhmo Ventures. Sold it
1999 WJ Limited V8. 4" Mix-n-Match Lift. Nothing special.
YJSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #83
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah well I think my dad will help. 300 is nothing to him and he'd rather pay than tough it out with me in the garage. I really don't have the know how to do all these repairs. I need his help and he would rather pay so oh well. Today I came home from work, and my mom told me I should think about selling my jeep and getting one in better condition. It's sad but she's kinda right. I'll be heading out west to school next year and I need something that's not gonna break down half way across the country. I'll definately be looking at xjs tjs and wjs. I'm really liking the idea of a wj with how little wheeling I do. I already have my eyes on one. and one day when I have more money I'll get a dedicated trail rig for sure. Its definitely something I wanna get into.

Unread 01-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #84
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver View Post
Yeah well I think my dad will help. 300 is nothing to him and he'd rather pay than tough it out with me in the garage. I really don't have the know how to do all these repairs. I need his help and he would rather pay so oh well. Today I came home from work, and my mom told me I should think about selling my jeep and getting one in better condition. It's sad but she's kinda right. I'll be heading out west to school next year and I need something that's not gonna break down half way across the country. I'll definately be looking at xjs tjs and wjs. I'm really liking the idea of a wj with how little wheeling I do. I already have my eyes on one. and one day when I have more money I'll get a dedicated trail rig for sure. Its definitely something I wanna get into.
That's probably a good idea on looking for another one. When I sold my last Jeep, I was strongly considering WJ's because I really don't wheel and I just needed a solid DD. But XJ's just have a soft spot in my heart (my 1st vehicle), and I couldn't part ways with a vehicle that will never be produced again. XJ for life!
Unread 01-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #85
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would love an xj but I don't really wheel it and I found a gorgeous wj that hopefully won't sell soon. I really want an xj but I can't justify buying one from Michigan because it will be a rust bucket again. I haven't found any that have stood out to me. I don't wanna pay 7k for a clean xj. I would consider paying that for a super clean modded xj though.

Unread 01-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #86
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I will sincerely miss my 5 speed though

Unread 01-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #87
Cherokee-at-16
2000 XJ Cherokee 

This thread is very jumpy. You buy tires and then sell them, and then buy some others and sell those. All because of a little rubbing!!! Then you went from having no money, to be willing to pay 7k for a clean modded xj!! As for not having the know-how to do the various fixes...Thats why your on JEEP FORUM!!!

And for future work, when a bolt is stuck half way through a bushing like that. Put and open end wrench on one side of the bolt head and pull out as you unscrew it. I had to do this on my front control arm bolts. Spent 20 minutes trying to pull(with hands) and unscrew it(air gun). Before my shop teacher comes over and was like "put a wrench around it and pull as you unscrew" and it was out in 5 seconds!!!
Unread 01-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #88
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I know I deserve to get grilled. I just jump into things way too fast. I have been a very naive jeeper. With the baja claws There wasn't a little rubbing, I couldn't turn. I went from having no money to thinking about a more expensive xj because that's my parents decision. I don't agree but they don't think its safe for me to drive this xj

Unread 01-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #89
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

alllllllllllllllllllrighty then............

Bruiser -- 93 XJ Sport. 9.5" lift on 35"" Claws, Locked front & Rear, and some other crap. Rolled it
Cruiser -- 1998 XJ Classic. 3" RC lift. 32" Kuhmo Ventures. Sold it
1999 WJ Limited V8. 4" Mix-n-Match Lift. Nothing special.
YJSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #90
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

hey man what else is wrong with it that you want to get rid of it/ don't have faith in it long distance wise?
Shanker67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.