Drage link questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Drage link questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Inglburt
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Drage link questions

I mean drag link..

I know a lot of you are running over knuckle on your steering or even after market knuckles. What about bent drag links? I was thinking of using an old RE track bar for a drag link. It looks like the angles are just about perfect.

Inglburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
SFRautomotive
#TeamUnibody

1992 XJ Cherokee 

well first off, how thick is the track bar? and how are you planning to attach TRE or joints to it? weld in bungs?

and what kind of steering setup would you use it with?
SFRautomotive is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
Inglburt
1987 XJ Cherokee 

It's thick, the same as my current drag link. Yeah, bung and maybe even a sleeve and or truss. Just use the ends off the existing link. I just wanna get it pulling straighter and get rid of some of that roll. It's a Rubicon suspension. Lifted about 6 inches. I just think it will be easier and cheaper than an over the knuckle, and keep my track bar line even with the tie rod.
20130406_100830.jpg  
Inglburt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.