Dose she have potential? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Dose she have potential?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:50 AM   #1
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Dose she have potential?

Ive been in the market for a new trial rig/play toy but dont really want another zj. i use to have a 84 woody with the 2.8 and loved it other then it was a lemon (or just a pos from the get go).

i found this and have always been a sucker for 2 dr xj's. i know the 2.5 isnt the best but im not really lookin for power. should i be worried about the manual tranny? with lets say 31's? mabe 33's max? already looked into regearing and a 4.5" zone or RC lift.

mostly itd be a playtoy to save my zj from anymore damage. its gettin to expensive to keep it trail and dd worthy.

heres a link.

http://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/2317121258.html

guess my question is dose she have the potential i see? or keep searching?

Unread 04-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldnt get it Unless you wanna rebuild/replace the motor first thing... like the dude that posted the ad said "2.5L 4-cyl engine has a crack in the block. We patched it up using JB-Weld and it's holding for now"
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #3
Flyordie
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Yea, well 2.5 blocks are cheap. :-)
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

why not buy the other one in the photo for 1000. looks way more solid
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Id jump all over that 2 door.

Motors are easy and cheap to do.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #6
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

yea the jb weld comment made me giggle a little.

i was actually looking at the add for the other one and seen the 2 dr in the backround. ive always loved 2drs.

i dont really have a problem replacing the 2.5 when its toast. i just figure with a 2.5 my foot wouldnt be the problem. id rather run out of power then have to much and start breaking stuff.

just waiting for the guy to email me back. depending on what he says i might be the new owner of a 2 dr xj.
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
yea the jb weld comment made me giggle a little.

i was actually looking at the add for the other one and seen the 2 dr in the backround. ive always loved 2drs.

i dont really have a problem replacing the 2.5 when its toast. i just figure with a 2.5 my foot wouldnt be the problem. id rather run out of power then have to much and start breaking stuff.

just waiting for the guy to email me back. depending on what he says i might be the new owner of a 2 dr xj.
Did you get it? the ad is down
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

sadly no : ( sum one offered more then the asking price so they got it.

guess the hunt is still on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.