Door options? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Door options?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
murrayII
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Door options?

Ok this might be the dumbest question.. but how many different window configurations on the front doors are there??

I have seen 4 door cherokees that have the vent windows that open.. and then there are the ones like mine where there is the "vent" part of the window, but they do not open..

on a 2 door I have seen them with out the little vent part, where the entire window goes down.. but did any 4 doors come like that??

one of the little complaints I have is that with my vent window (non-opening type) that the little section that does go down, is just about that much too short to rest my arm on.. you know what I mean.. its like I can fit my forearm on the ledge, but there is no place to rest my hand.. it has to either hang inside the window, or outside.. I can't just let my hand lay up on the ledge too...

So.. does anyone know?

thanks

-MurrayII

murrayII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
squint_91
1998 XJ Cherokee 

98+ cherokees have no vent windows. Maybe the glass will fit? I know it should be the same shape and size.
squint_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
XJohnnyC

It's actually the 97 and up doors that have the full windows. I just put some on my MJ for the same reason.

And before that, I had some 97+ doors on my 96 XJ.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
murrayII
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Hmm.. Interesting.. its a shame that my doors are in really good shape... I guess when I get some body damage.. I will look into replacing mine with some 97+ doors... it would be nice to have a spot for my entire arm! the windows on the earlier XJ's are just too darn small...

Maybe I am just a bit too claustrophobic???

-MurrayII
murrayII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 12:41 AM   #5
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

if the interiors could match better between pre and post 97 i would be more inclined to do this

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
XJohnnyC

The interiors match up pretty good. The newer door panels do have a faux wood trim piece, but it doesn't bother me.

The only thing is that the glove compartment doesn't open up all the way. But again, no big deal.

XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #7
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

but does the tan match? ive seen pics of 97+ tan interiors and it looks a little darker tan.

My POS
Quote:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
Unread 09-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
suckcreek 4x4
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Ive got a 96 parts jeep and it doesn't have a vent window
suckcreek 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #9
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

but it doesnt have a big one piece window. it still has the little triangle one, just doesnt open

My POS
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.