do you have a locker in your XJ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > do you have a locker in your XJ?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
I've got an Aussie in my 8.25 rear. I love it. On the trails, it lets me and my near-stock XJ with street tires hang with the JKs on 35s no problem.
Your friends need to improve their driving skills.

Unread 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso
not to be a nit-picker, but I was asking:

Any stories would great to read!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso

(I'm shopping for an XJ right now and one of the first things I want to install is a locker for the rear.
That's what I was trying to help you answer since you stated you wanted a rear locker first.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #18
Dirtyjeep92
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i have an aussie in my D35 with 33s. the offroad capability is a huge difference. i have friends that are in 4 as soon as we start the trail and im still in 2 half way thru it. sometimes i dont like it because it makes everything less off a challange haha. but the on the road it is ok.. clicks alot when turning and be carefull in the rain if you have M/Ts that arent siphed.. im dreading the winter. when i upgrade the 35 in putting the locker in the front D30
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
merdock69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have powertrax no-slip in the 8.25 behind my '99 and love it. It was a 30 minute install, is so well mannered on pavement that my wife doesn't even notice its there and has saved my butt at least a few times while out camping.
merdock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #20
the_weirdo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If you have an auto tranny, a Detroit is highly recommended in the rear axle. With a manual, I would get a selectable in rear.
If you have an NP242 TC, I recommend ARB or other selectable in the front. With an NP231, pick anything for the front.
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #21
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weirdo View Post
If you have an auto tranny, a Detroit is highly recommended in the rear axle. With a manual, I would get a selectable in rear.
If you have an NP242 TC, I recommend ARB or other selectable in the front. With an NP231, pick anything for the front.
since i have a 242 and couldnt afford a selectable, i went with a detroit truetrac in the front. works well at keeping both spinning unless one comes off the ground. good for a weekend wheeler/dd like myself

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #22
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Your friends need to improve their driving skills.
It's the classic offroader mistake - building more rig than you need. I did the same thing a decade ago with a different vehicle. That's why skidplates, a cowl snorkel and a rear locker are really my only mods.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.