do you have a locker in your XJ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > do you have a locker in your XJ?

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
I've got an Aussie in my 8.25 rear. I love it. On the trails, it lets me and my near-stock XJ with street tires hang with the JKs on 35s no problem.
Your friends need to improve their driving skills.

Unread 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso
not to be a nit-picker, but I was asking:

Any stories would great to read!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso

(I'm shopping for an XJ right now and one of the first things I want to install is a locker for the rear.
That's what I was trying to help you answer since you stated you wanted a rear locker first.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #18
Dirtyjeep92
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i have an aussie in my D35 with 33s. the offroad capability is a huge difference. i have friends that are in 4 as soon as we start the trail and im still in 2 half way thru it. sometimes i dont like it because it makes everything less off a challange haha. but the on the road it is ok.. clicks alot when turning and be carefull in the rain if you have M/Ts that arent siphed.. im dreading the winter. when i upgrade the 35 in putting the locker in the front D30
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
merdock69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have powertrax no-slip in the 8.25 behind my '99 and love it. It was a 30 minute install, is so well mannered on pavement that my wife doesn't even notice its there and has saved my butt at least a few times while out camping.
merdock69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #20
the_weirdo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If you have an auto tranny, a Detroit is highly recommended in the rear axle. With a manual, I would get a selectable in rear.
If you have an NP242 TC, I recommend ARB or other selectable in the front. With an NP231, pick anything for the front.
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #21
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weirdo View Post
If you have an auto tranny, a Detroit is highly recommended in the rear axle. With a manual, I would get a selectable in rear.
If you have an NP242 TC, I recommend ARB or other selectable in the front. With an NP231, pick anything for the front.
since i have a 242 and couldnt afford a selectable, i went with a detroit truetrac in the front. works well at keeping both spinning unless one comes off the ground. good for a weekend wheeler/dd like myself

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #22
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Your friends need to improve their driving skills.
It's the classic offroader mistake - building more rig than you need. I did the same thing a decade ago with a different vehicle. That's why skidplates, a cowl snorkel and a rear locker are really my only mods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.