Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8 - Page 76 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #1126
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'm still waiting for shop time to get the motor prepped for the install of the Brown Dogs. It just been a real hell for the last few weeks.

Unread 02-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #1127
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

It's sad to think that in all this time that my Jeep has been out of commission, I could've pulled the flares and gotten the vinyl stripe done. I hadn't dug into the project yet cuz I intend to put the edges of the vinyl behind something wherever possible. The very front will go behind the headlight bezel and the rear will go behind the taillight housing. On the hatch, I may leave the inset area where my license plate is gold, but do all the edges leading out to the main surface in an attempt to cover up the crack in the fiberglass. On the doors, the locks are coming off, to be reinstalled after the vinyl has been laid. And on the fenders, the Cherokee emblem and the "sport" logo have to come off. The emblem will go back on, but the "sport" logo will get redone in a gold to match the paint so as to contrast the black vinyl. I'd like to get the whole project done all at once. After it's done, I'll go to the steel shop and get the sheet of dp and begin cutting and forming the armor panels. Once formed, they get painted black, set for a few days to fully cure, and then riveted and 3M taped on.
I did find one of the reel style hood lights at the jy the other day so I may be picking that up next week.
Unread 02-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #1128
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'm still itchin' to get a winch this year, but have to keep telling myself no. With the course I've taken of being prepared for each up and coming mod, I definitely need to stick to my course of action. This looks like all the other wish lists, but in fact, these are the things I fully intend to follow through with, in this order:
Wiper cowl intake
Yellow top Optima
Winch, and the modification of the tow bar and bumper
Borla header & exhaust
Axle upgrades, both f&r
Steering upgrades
Unread 02-07-2014, 01:54 AM   #1129
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I'm still itchin' to get a winch this year, but have to keep telling myself no. With the course I've taken of being prepared for each up and coming mod, I definitely need to stick to my course of action. This looks like all the other wish lists, but in fact, these are the things I fully intend to follow through with, in this order:
Wiper cowl intake
Yellow top Optima
Winch, and the modification of the tow bar and bumper
Borla header & exhaust
Axle upgrades, both f&r
Steering upgrades
I have a Yellow Top you might be able to grab... I bought the Yellow Top and decided I didn't quite need THAT much battery. So I bought a Red Top instead. Now the Yellow Top is sitting unused and untouched somewhere around my house (I have no idea, since I had a buddy take out the Yellow Top and install the Red Top). Literally used it for like 3 weeks, decided against it, then took it out. So it may need a charge to get it juiced up, but it is brand-spankin' new. If you got PayPal, I can work on setting you up with it.
Unread 02-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #1130
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post

I have a Yellow Top you might be able to grab... I bought the Yellow Top and decided I didn't quite need THAT much battery. So I bought a Red Top instead. Now the Yellow Top is sitting unused and untouched somewhere around my house (I have no idea, since I had a buddy take out the Yellow Top and install the Red Top). Literally used it for like 3 weeks, decided against it, then took it out. So it may need a charge to get it juiced up, but it is brand-spankin' new. If you got PayPal, I can work on setting you up with it.
How much do you want for it?
Unread 02-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #1131
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

PM'd ya
Unread 02-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #1132
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Well, thanks to good friends, it looks like I got my hands on my Yellow Top. I suppose I better get my budget aligned to do the cowl intake.
I'm still waiting on the Brown Dogs to show up. I may try to get one or two of the busted shanks out without pulling the motor. It's really not something I wanna deal with right now. I just want my Jeep back where it belongs, on the road with me in the drivers seat.
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:07 AM   #1133
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Can some of you give me some suggestions for web sites I can look at to put together the intake system for the wiper cowl intake? I looked at Spectres web site, but you need to know the part numbers in order to find anything.
Unread 02-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #1134
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I did some shopping last night. I found the Spectre kit that fits the XJ. It also comes with the filter. My local O'reillys has this kit for $193, plus $10 to get shipped in:

spe-9948.jpg

The other item on the list is the Painless Wiring dual battery kit. I was surprised to see that it cost more than the battery. But I decided to go with the waterproof setup with the manual 3-way switch. It'll be $287
So now the question is: Do I go for the winch? Being that it'll be one of my last mods and provide a considerable amount of recovery relief, I think I will. The one I've decided on is the Quadratec 10,000C. For the price and all it comes with, it just seems to be the right choice.
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #1135
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I just got another email saying my Brown Dogs are shipping tomorrow. I hope it's true this time. I guess it all works out since I have yet to fix the broken bolts in the block.
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #1136
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

It's inevitable I'll be sending out a big "**** You!" to all my friends who could've helped me with pulling the motor. It looks like I'll be going on this adventure alone. The Brown Dogs are shipped and should be here tomorrow, but the Jeep still sits outside waiting for all that needs done.
Unread 02-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #1137
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

It seems I may have found a friend to help with the engine removal. Once again, I now expect the Brown Dogs to be here tomorrow. The intake is ordered and should be in by the end of next week.
Unread 02-15-2014, 12:09 AM   #1138
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8
It seems I may have found a friend to help with the engine removal. Once again, I now expect the Brown Dogs to be here tomorrow. The intake is ordered and should be in by the end of next week.
I'd help ya if I were close enough and didn't have schoolwork
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #1139
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
I'd help ya if I were close enough and didn't have schoolwork
I could probably do this by myself, but I always end in the situation where I cost myself money for doing or not doing certain things.
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #1140
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I got my Brown Dogs, I got them installed. I ran out of time, but It'll be done tomorrow. I have 1 more bolt to get threaded, then I can start putting it back together.
I'm gonna pick up the Optima tomorrow, I may build my own battery boxs for both Optimas. Not sure, I like the Ballistic boxes too. I have till Friday to make up my mind. That's when my CAI should be in.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.