Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8 - Page 63 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #931
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post

Ya I would lightly modify it. A little lift a bumper with winch and what not. I know it would look off but hey.
You never know bud. One the Jeeps in Hel that's my favorite to see is a black Commander on 31's. It looks really good. The patriot is like a mini Commander. But the color of the rig means alot to me too. You could have the most rigged up Jeep, but if it's blue or green, that's a big negative to me.

Unread 11-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #932
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ya it is a family car ill have the TJ and CJ to wheel in. I just pray my addiction does not take over and I go and over build it. Haha if I find a ZJ or XJ as clean as yours before I buy a new car ill go with that even though my GF might be a little pissed.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #933
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I buy what I love. The xJ had to be a 2dr and much newer than my '87, but not a '97+. The ZJ had to be a stone white '98.
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #934
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I buy what I love. The xJ had to be a 2dr and much newer than my '87, but not a '97+. The ZJ had to be a stone white '98.
Im the same way and that patriot is jumping at me at the moment. I would never go and get something not made by jeep im not a jeep nut its just I am familiar with most of the parts and I like the brand.
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #935
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Im the same way and that patriot is jumping at me at the moment. I would never go and get something not made by jeep im not a jeep nut its just I am familiar with most of the parts and I like the brand.
I understand the loyalty, but I'd be willing to bet you won't be familiar with anything on the Patriot. It may as well be a Subaru Forrester.
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #936
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I understand the loyalty, but I'd be willing to bet you won't be familiar with anything on the Patriot. It may as well be a Subaru Forrester.
Thats probably true man I wish XJs got better gas. I have to drive a lot so I need a vehicle that gets good highway millage. What are some good options?
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #937
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You never know bud. One the Jeeps in Hel that's my favorite to see is a black Commander on 31's. It looks really good. The patriot is like a mini Commander. But the color of the rig means alot to me too. You could have the most rigged up Jeep, but if it's blue or green, that's a big negative to me.
You better watch yourself.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #938
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Thats probably true man I wish XJs got better gas. I have to drive a lot so I need a vehicle that gets good highway millage. What are some good options?
A Patriot would be a good option. Just don't expect to be familiar with how it's built. As far as something you'd be familiar with that gets good mileage, an XJ with 2.5 and a 5spd on 235's
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #939
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post

You better watch yourself.
Sorry bud. I don't know what it is. I'm just into natural colors. Due to yours being bedliner, it's got an advantage. I do like your Jeep, especially now that the engine matches
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #940
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I suppose it's time to turn this back into a build thread instead of "Confessions of the Devil".
I'm gonna get my flares pulled off today so I can get rollin' on this vinyl. But the flares are going back on. I also need to find an adhesive that will bond aluminum to chrome plating. I'd been told E3000 was good stuff, anybody used this before?
Unread 11-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #941
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I suppose it's time to turn this back into a build thread instead of "Confessions of the Devil".
I'm gonna get my flares pulled off today so I can get rollin' on this vinyl. But the flares are going back on. I also need to find an adhesive that will bond aluminum to chrome plating. I'd been told E3000 was good stuff, anybody used this before?
Ya I was thinking I was taking it off track sorry. BTW I hate walmart with a passion but they have the MTRs if you can't find them.
Unread 11-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #942
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE="Itstime;17561106"]

Ya I was thinking I was taking it off track sorry. BTW I hate walmart with a passion but they have the MTRs if you can't find them they carry all the way up to a 42" tire... I was like dang who knew after 35" you will have to order online but I think they pay for shipping so thats not so bad.
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #943
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

That's good to know. We've got two Goodyear tire shops in town, but I'd bet Walmart is cheaper. I ended up working on a '76 GMC shortbox my boss is giving to his son-in-law. Masked the whole truck off and painted the engine bay.
Unread 11-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #944
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's good to know. We've got two Goodyear tire shops in town, but I'd bet Walmart is cheaper. I ended up working on a '76 GMC shortbox my boss is giving to his son-in-law. Masked the whole truck off and painted the engine bay.
Any pics?
Unread 11-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #945
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

2013-11-09_13-31-37_285-1.jpg

2013-11-09_13-33-29_41-1.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.