Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8

176K views 3K replies 64 participants last post by  S8NNG8 
#1 ·
The first things I did all took place in the first 2 hrs after agreeing to buy it. The worst visual issues:
dirt pounded into the rubber window seals and flares,
rubber trim was either hanging or missing
windows were literally frosted over w/ hard water stains
stock 225's
knicks and scratches in the paint and all the black trim (all black trim didn't really turn my crank either),
And the bee's, it had been sitting all summer and had 7 bee hives inside and out.
At this point, I had changed the tires and painted the grill.

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#2,455 ·
On to the electrical system. I have to start with getting the Redtop's battery box done. Then I'll make locations for the Painless isolator and the relays for the lights.
While in the toybox, I found my mat that goes under the engine bay and just enough dp scrap to rebuild it in smaller panels.

#2,465 ·
I'm just gonna start buying brake parts one item at a time or I'll be waiting till next tax season. I did find the e-brake cable for $12.97. I also need tre's. And I have to redo the swaybar link mod. It's so much fun to get the studs off the axle mounts.

#2,467 ·
Yeah I'm managing a collision shop and it was really draining me, but 8.8 swaps sound like fun so I regained some motivation, especially after managing to go wheeling for the first time in months.

#2,477 ·
A non-productive day for the Jeep. I did have a weird occurance this morning on my way out of town. Stopped to grab a soda before I got on the interstate and a white ZJ parked right next to me in my white ZJ. Then a white Liberty next to him. On the road headed north, a white 4dr JK goes by headed south. 20 miles down the road, a white WK2 followed closely by a white WK passes me. Get to Craig and there's a white XJ at one of the few homes in town. Hours later headed home, 1 ton crew cab pulling a trailer with a white TJ on 35" Boggers. Get back to town and end up following a white Compass all the way to my neighborhood.
Not only were they all white, they were the only Jeeps I saw all day.

#2,482 ·
Truth is I am getting the lights on the roof! Today!...and if the weather holds out, we'll see how much more I can get done. I did get the drill bits I needed from my uncle, so I could go to the welding buddy's place and do the whole battery box project.

#2,487 ·
I have an idea...unfortunately it would mean not using the switches that came with the harnesses for the lights. So off I go today to find switches for my idea. It would be a clean install, but would locate the switches at full arms length from the driver. Still thinking...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.