Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8 - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #901 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Itstime
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Helena
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Skatepark freak, hell ya! I found out his mothers' new husband (guardsman) has family benefits that will get Brandon college for free. He wants to go into engineering and produce his own skateboard brand, SK8NNGR8 (Skatin's Great).
As far as the tires, I guess we'll have spare tires to share cuz I'm getting a set.
Are you going with 32"?

Itstime is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,792
Ya, my *** end is raked up enuf to fit them. All I need is about an inch more in the front and I should be sitting about like your TJ. That'd put me at 4" in the front and 4.5" in the rear.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #903 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8
Ya, my *** end is raked up enuf to fit them. All I need is about an inch more in the front and I should be sitting about like your TJ. That'd put me at 4" in the front and 4.5" in the rear.
Spacers or coils and call it a day

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #904 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post

Spacers or coils and call it a day
I'd prefer coils, but will have limited money due to the cost of the tires. Plus I'd be replacing my sway links again. The ones I have are barely long enuf as it is. Probably discos... and the list goes on.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #905 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Itstime
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Helena
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post

I'd prefer coils, but will have limited money due to the cost of the tires. Plus I'd be replacing my sway links again. The ones I have are barely long enuf as it is. Probably discos... and the list goes on.
If you have time wait until cyber Monday I got a huge discount on all my stuff! I got the tires and rims from jeep4x4center.com but any other site should have good deals that day. I think my tires and rims came to 1,500 which I did not think was bad.
Itstime is offline  
post #906 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post

If you have time wait until cyber Monday I got a huge discount on all my stuff! I got the tires and rims from jeep4x4center.com but any other site should have good deals that day. I think my tires and rims came to 1,500 which I did not think was bad.
I'd be keeping the rims I have. All 5 of them. That's where package deals don't work for me. I spoil myself, gotta have a matching spare.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #907 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Itstime
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Helena
Posts: 324
Haha im the same way I did not get a package deal on mine. I still need to get a spare... I kinda just pray I wont need one. I know how stupid that is im saving up for one.
Itstime is offline  
post #908 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post
Haha im the same way I did not get a package deal on mine. I still need to get a spare... I kinda just pray I wont need one. I know how stupid that is im saving up for one.
That's the benefit of sticking with the same tire when you need a new set. Pick the best of your old ones for a spare. I'd give you $50 for the next best since I'll have the same size and tire

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #909 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,792
Ya, I fell in love with the side biters on your MTR's, and I've got the growing fever. I want my rig to start looking a little meaner.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #910 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Itstime
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Helena
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Ya, I fell in love with the side biters on your MTR's, and I've got the growing fever. I want my rig to start looking a little meaner.
I love the mean look. Thats what I am going for as you can see. I think your rig looks mean how it sits with the MTRs it will kick it up a bit.
Itstime is offline  
post #911 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post

I love the mean look. Thats what I am going for as you can see. I think your rig looks mean how it sits with the MTRs it will kick it up a bit.
I do like the clearance I've got with my lift height and the 31's. I hope 32's won't make it look over-stuffed. Then again, it will give me a bit of a LCOG look. A little more flare trimming will be in order.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #912 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

I do like the clearance I've got with my lift height and the 31's. I hope 32's won't make it look over-stuffed. Then again, it will give me a bit of a LCOG look. A little more flare trimming will be in order.
Not even dude.
I'm low. Ibj is low. Sfr is low. That'd be standard.

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #913 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,792
I think we've all got a different standard of what we consider wheeling. Even with all the clearance I've got, I've forced the sheetmetal through the lip on all four flares. My daily drive incorporates quite a bit of flexing and yet I don't consider it wheeling. Thank you Montana

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #914 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 PM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

I'd prefer coils, but will have limited money due to the cost of the tires. Plus I'd be replacing my sway links again. The ones I have are barely long enuf as it is. Probably discos... and the list goes on.
I made my own adjustable quick dicos for $30. Don't know if it'd be possible with an xj though.

Built Not Bought #640

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline  
post #915 of 2533 Old 11-05-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post

I made my own adjustable quick dicos for $30. Don't know if it'd be possible with an xj though.
It is possible, but if any welding is involved I'd be outsourcing that part. I can't weld due to my seizures. Flashing light and strobes have never put me into a seizure, but it gives me a tremendous headache. I can't even watch my boy play Xbox cuz the unnatural light changes do the same thing to me. And the last thing I'd need is to be wrong with an electrode in my hand.
I'm ok with buying some to avoid the chance.
So, to answer before the question arises, how do I have a drivers license if I have seizures? I am very happy to say its been 7.5 years since my last seizure that lasted 28 minutes. I damn near lost my life that day.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome