Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8 - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #901
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Skatepark freak, hell ya! I found out his mothers' new husband (guardsman) has family benefits that will get Brandon college for free. He wants to go into engineering and produce his own skateboard brand, SK8NNGR8 (Skatin's Great).
As far as the tires, I guess we'll have spare tires to share cuz I'm getting a set.
Are you going with 32"?

Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #902
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ya, my *** end is raked up enuf to fit them. All I need is about an inch more in the front and I should be sitting about like your TJ. That'd put me at 4" in the front and 4.5" in the rear.
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #903
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8
Ya, my *** end is raked up enuf to fit them. All I need is about an inch more in the front and I should be sitting about like your TJ. That'd put me at 4" in the front and 4.5" in the rear.
Spacers or coils and call it a day
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #904
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post

Spacers or coils and call it a day
I'd prefer coils, but will have limited money due to the cost of the tires. Plus I'd be replacing my sway links again. The ones I have are barely long enuf as it is. Probably discos... and the list goes on.
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #905
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I'd prefer coils, but will have limited money due to the cost of the tires. Plus I'd be replacing my sway links again. The ones I have are barely long enuf as it is. Probably discos... and the list goes on.
If you have time wait until cyber Monday I got a huge discount on all my stuff! I got the tires and rims from jeep4x4center.com but any other site should have good deals that day. I think my tires and rims came to 1,500 which I did not think was bad.
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #906
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post

If you have time wait until cyber Monday I got a huge discount on all my stuff! I got the tires and rims from jeep4x4center.com but any other site should have good deals that day. I think my tires and rims came to 1,500 which I did not think was bad.
I'd be keeping the rims I have. All 5 of them. That's where package deals don't work for me. I spoil myself, gotta have a matching spare.
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #907
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Haha im the same way I did not get a package deal on mine. I still need to get a spare... I kinda just pray I wont need one. I know how stupid that is im saving up for one.
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #908
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Haha im the same way I did not get a package deal on mine. I still need to get a spare... I kinda just pray I wont need one. I know how stupid that is im saving up for one.
That's the benefit of sticking with the same tire when you need a new set. Pick the best of your old ones for a spare. I'd give you $50 for the next best since I'll have the same size and tire
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #909
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ya, I fell in love with the side biters on your MTR's, and I've got the growing fever. I want my rig to start looking a little meaner.
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #910
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ya, I fell in love with the side biters on your MTR's, and I've got the growing fever. I want my rig to start looking a little meaner.
I love the mean look. Thats what I am going for as you can see. I think your rig looks mean how it sits with the MTRs it will kick it up a bit.
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #911
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I love the mean look. Thats what I am going for as you can see. I think your rig looks mean how it sits with the MTRs it will kick it up a bit.
I do like the clearance I've got with my lift height and the 31's. I hope 32's won't make it look over-stuffed. Then again, it will give me a bit of a LCOG look. A little more flare trimming will be in order.
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #912
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I do like the clearance I've got with my lift height and the 31's. I hope 32's won't make it look over-stuffed. Then again, it will give me a bit of a LCOG look. A little more flare trimming will be in order.
Not even dude.
I'm low. Ibj is low. Sfr is low. That'd be standard.
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #913
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I think we've all got a different standard of what we consider wheeling. Even with all the clearance I've got, I've forced the sheetmetal through the lip on all four flares. My daily drive incorporates quite a bit of flexing and yet I don't consider it wheeling. Thank you Montana
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #914
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I made my own adjustable quick dicos for $30. Don't know if it'd be possible with an xj though.
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #915
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post

I made my own adjustable quick dicos for $30. Don't know if it'd be possible with an xj though.
It is possible, but if any welding is involved I'd be outsourcing that part. I can't weld due to my seizures. Flashing light and strobes have never put me into a seizure, but it gives me a tremendous headache. I can't even watch my boy play Xbox cuz the unnatural light changes do the same thing to me. And the last thing I'd need is to be wrong with an electrode in my hand.
I'm ok with buying some to avoid the chance.
So, to answer before the question arises, how do I have a drivers license if I have seizures? I am very happy to say its been 7.5 years since my last seizure that lasted 28 minutes. I damn near lost my life that day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.