Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8 - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 08-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #781
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I need to do something to the XJ. I'm getting bored from looking at it. I finally got the urge to add some black, but I put a post in the photoshop thread and no response...perhaps that's a sign to not do it.
As far as winky, if my response comes out of me with a wink and a smile, it gets posted that way. If you look back at some of my "cage rattling" sessions, my most sarcastic remarks have winky.
Give that photoshop thread a bit of time, when I had them do my grill black it took about a week lol.

I can sympathize with getting the itch to change some stuff up, I havent actually bought anything for my Jeep in a long time, Ive got a hefty lil to do list but the moneys been going elsewhere.

I think an extra inch of lift up front would look good on your rig, I vote yes on that idea!

July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #782
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'm pretty sure I'll bump up to 32's, but I hate to think of how much cost that adds to maintenance, mpg, and tire replacement.
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #783
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'd put the 31's on the ZJ but the wife uses it to travel a lot. Anyway, that big of a cost wont happen till tax season. I guess it's time to go nuts with the cosmetics for a while, since I can practically do that for free.
The black I want to add would be dp armor on the rear quarter, door, and fender, and most likely around the hatch too. I haven't decided on gloss or flat black, I'm thinkin' flat.
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #784
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The Jacobs ignition on the ZJ isn't working well, so I plugged the stock coil back in. Now the Jacobs can go in the XJ
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #785
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I had an interesting day yesterday. I saw a 2dr on 33's over at the battery shop, so I stopped to introduce myself. As it turns out, I made a new friend and found a Jeep crew to join Thanx Joe!
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #786
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Always good to meet new Jeep people.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #787
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Dumb question: do I have to strip the carpet back when the frame stiffeners get welded in?
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #788
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8
Dumb question: do I have to strip the carpet back when the frame stiffeners get welded in?
I'm welding angle iron to my frame rails and there's no need for me to peel back the carpet. It really isn't that hard once you get the welder dialed in. Make sure to spend lots of time grinding down to shiny metal on the frame.
fedx95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #789
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedx95

I'm welding angle iron to my frame rails and there's no need for me to peel back the carpet. It really isn't that hard once you get the welder dialed in. Make sure to spend lots of time grinding down to shiny metal on the frame.
Just put dp it's shiny
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #790
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post

Just put dp it's shiny
Actually, once the job is done I intend to paint the frame work with the same epoxy I put on the diffs. Any accessories, bolt-on or welded, will be black.
Unread 09-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #791
redlynx
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've spent quite a bit of time reading through this thread (mainly because the pictures work while I'm at work) but I must say, you are an amazing fabricator, and the work you've done to your XJ is down right awesome. F*$& People who don't like the way your Jeep looks, it's exactly the way you want it. (Also think your Jeep looks pretty badass) Never would of thought all that DP could compliment the paint so well but you've got it dialed in very nicely.

Somewhere you said you weren't sure what made your roof rack not look so great, I'd try sliding it forward somewhat to just off-center on the roof. It might give it a more aggressive look and change it only slightly.

My first car was my 97 XJ and I rolled it. (reverse into a creek, funny story) But I just ended up rolling it back over, kicking the roof up, and letting it sit for a day and low and behold it cranked up just fine the next day so I've driven from that point (~4 or 5 years ago) till 2 weeks ago when I finally bought an 05 Rubi TJ. My XJ is still in service by my brother and is around 205k on the clock. Only damage from the rollover was dents on the roof near the windshield and the front right quarter panel (smashed winshield too) but it looks just fine for being rolled. My Point is, as long as you love it, then you'll be happy.
redlynx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #792
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the response Redlynx. It is hard to stay motivated when everyone is stuck on black. The pics don't do my rig much justice, the paint has so much shine so it's hard to see all the dp.
But, motivated or not, I've got about 8500 scratches on my rockers, and not a damn one can be noticed. And anything noticeable can be removed by Scotchbrite cuz of it being aluminum.
I've got all kinds of other plans, some of which will be frowned upon. The #1 thing I want, to bring it all together, is a windshield visor. But who knows, I passed up my desire for the rear cowl hood cuz I love the vents I put on. I also passed up the desire to spend $1000 on f&r ORF bumpers cuz I love the way my endcaps came out.
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #793
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to court today for the motorcycle that hit me. Hopefully the judge will award me some payback.
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #794
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Question...Will I lose an inch by installing a winch?
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #795
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8
Question...Will I lose an inch by installing a winch?
You won money didn't you? Stiffer springs and you won't.
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.