Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8 - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 07-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #706
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

My last post wasn't meant to blow you off, you posted while I was trying to stop myself from rambling.
Oh I know. That was just me rambling haha

Unread 07-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #707
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No threats intended with the invite. Some environments you could get away with it. But we Montanans span some distance everyday. I do want to see what Antirocks would do for my offroad performance while maintaining stability at 60mph. Anyway, thanks guys for the comments on the paint. The cool thing is it really looks like aluminum, metallic. I wanna do the calipers and drums. I don't wanna go too far and ruin the effect though.
Well don't worry, you still get articulation while running the antirock. I will never go back to not running a sway bar it isn't worth the risks. I've had several incidents where I had to make emergency maneuvers and without the antirock it would have rolled for sure.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #708
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

You guys make me laugh. I've never had sway bars on an XJ and I've run without it some on my old TJ. Not sure what the big deal is. Unless you run some stupid tall lift and small tires that are at factory bs, it's not bad at all. Drive it like a Jeep, not a racecar.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #709
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

Well don't worry, you still get articulation while running the antirock. I will never go back to not running a sway bar it isn't worth the risks. I've had several incidents where I had to make emergency maneuvers and without the antirock it would have rolled for sure.
Antirocks are worth the money just for the offroad performance alone. To me, from what I've read and the very little experience I've had with them, it seems as if the they make a hell of a difference off if the pavement.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #710
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post

Antirocks are worth the money just for the offroad performance alone. To me, from what I've read and the very little experience I've had with them, it seems as if the they make a hell of a difference off if the pavement.
Are you saying they are less stable on road, or the same as stock on road?
Unread 07-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #711
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So let me get this straight...you were offered $12k and turned it down? For $12k you could build exactly what you have from scratch, plus any of the "dream" lists you have posted, then have at least $5-6k left over even after dp'ing every square inch of the thing. Plus, you have complained multiple times about being short on cash/jobs (I have actually been following this thread from its inception). I don't get it.

I run 4.5" of lift with 33's and no sway bars. I have had to perform emergency maneuvers many times and never come close to rolling.

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #712
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Are you saying they are less stable on road, or the same as stock on road?
Less stable on the road than factory sway bar since they allow for more articulation (aka they allow more body roll than factory sway bar).
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #713
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrailratedJ View Post
So let me get this straight...you were offered $12k and turned it down? For $12k you could build exactly what you have from scratch, plus any of the "dream" lists you have posted, then have at least $5-6k left over even after dp'ing every square inch of the thing. Plus, you have complained multiple times about being short on cash/jobs (I have actually been following this thread from its inception). I don't get it.

I run 4.5" of lift with 33's and no sway bars. I have had to perform emergency maneuvers many times and never come close to rolling.
My reason for not accepting the offer, I know how close to impossible it would be to find another 2dr, with all the options mine has, in the condition mine is in.
Aside from that, this is the vehicle I intend to die with. I want another XJ to take a different approach with, probably a 4dr. But I don't need to sell my diamonds and gold to afford another XJ.
I do mention the low funds, but I know if I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't appreciate my XJ the way I do. I like to take it slow and think through the options. One biggie a year, and the rest of the year I work on cosmetics and keepin' her in prime condition. If I come across as complaining about the slow funds, it's cuz I feel bad that I have some followers, but I don't make progress as fast as some of the other guys.
There's times I snap out of the self imposed depression cuz I realize a lot of these other guys are constantly fixing what they broke.
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #714
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post

Less stable on the road than factory sway bar since they allow for more articulation (aka they allow more body roll than factory sway bar).
I like to drag my sliders on the street when i go around corners
"You're what's wrong with America. You don't drink enough PBR and you probably run sway bars on the street. Fawking communist."-ibjeepin95
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #715
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive View Post

I like to drag my sliders on the street when i go around corners
I'm trying to picture your rig doing that. The thing is when I was growing up, my mom was an EMT trainer, and I got to be the wounded victim in full makeup. I've been on the scene of more fatal car accidents than weddings in my life. My vehicles' on road stability is a must.
You see, I've saved myself the trouble of regret. I don't think I will do the Antirock. Perhaps it will be considered when I get around to my monster build.
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #716
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

On the issue of my chrome fetish, when the lights are out, the shine is gone.
2013-07-03_21-19-49_570-1.jpg

Unread 07-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #717
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I found some brake ext. in amongst the Chevy parts. Any chance they're universal and will work on the XJ?
I wanna do the brakeline ext. so I can undo the sway bars to play.
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #718
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I found some brake ext. in amongst the Chevy parts. Any chance they're universal and will work on the XJ?
I wanna do the brakeline ext. so I can undo the sway bars to play.
You could prolly mod them. You're talented
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #719
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The lines I found have fittings on both ends. I didn't know if there may be different sized lines between a Chevy truck and a Jeep.
Unread 07-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #720
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Helena locals, is anybody going to the badlands today?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.