Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8

176K views 3K replies 64 participants last post by  S8NNG8 
#1 ·
The first things I did all took place in the first 2 hrs after agreeing to buy it. The worst visual issues:
dirt pounded into the rubber window seals and flares,
rubber trim was either hanging or missing
windows were literally frosted over w/ hard water stains
stock 225's
knicks and scratches in the paint and all the black trim (all black trim didn't really turn my crank either),
And the bee's, it had been sitting all summer and had 7 bee hives inside and out.
At this point, I had changed the tires and painted the grill.

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
After running those 31's to death, I ordered my new rims that wouldn't fit cuz of the backspacing, so I finally got the lift installed:
3.5" Rusty's-leaf packs, coils, shocks, upper & lower adj. CA's w/ flex joints.
JKS shackles
Rough Country adj. track bar.
RubiEx sway links

#14 ·
#17 ·
The box has some very special qualities:
You can't get it out
The seat is padlocked so there's no gettin' to the amps
The lid allows me a larger floor space
None of the equipment or sound is affected by a full load of cr@p
And yes, the lid dampens the volume levels, but the vibes are all there, you can feel it in your chest and still be able to carry on a conversation.
Since the ported chambers meet at the back, but the port tubes aren't at the end of the runway, I have multiple frequencies that it opens up to.

#19 ·
The weight of the box serves as my sand bags for the winter. Where I live, in the mountains, winter encompasses 9 months of the year.
3" lift in the front, full coils
3.5" lift rear, full leaf packs
1" JKS dogleg shackles, for the sag

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

#26 ·
Project1 said:
What are you having trouble with .. it should be pretty easy .. just click on upload image and click on your pic.
I'm doing all my posts on a droid 3. I know how to upload the pics, its just that some days its a PITA, other days its fine. I have wondered why my pics only show up the first time I POST

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.