DD tires with a little beef? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > DD tires with a little beef?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Closed Thread
Unread 08-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #46
bpmtb
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772
What size? 235? 30? 31???
265s. And in case anybody is curious about them, they have ZERO road noise, and they look badass. We'll see how they handle this weekend

bpmtb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #47
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

265/??r?? When we say 235, the /75r15 is assumed, but what's after the 265 or at least what is their diameter?

Sent from my phone

New sig rules suck.
mschi772 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #48
bpmtb
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772
265/??r?? When we say 235, the /75r15 is assumed, but what's after the 265 or at least what is their diameter? Sent from my phone
265/75r15
bpmtb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #49
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I've removed the recent off-topic discussion from this thread. At this time in the USA it is indeed illegal to remove the catalytic convertor from a vehicle that came factory equipped with one. Check the bottom of this page to verify for yourself EPA facts. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed on this forum.

I recommend carrying on the mileage discussion in this thread. My goal is 25+ mpg in my 99 XJ with 30 x 9.5 R15 ATs
Have a great weekend.
chris87xj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #50
nicco196

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy
Alright what did you DO to get it there?
Well to start off it wasn't a bunch of crazy modifications I did. I'm just very meticulous about the motor, trans and drivetrain related parts. Important things to think about that can potentially put any debt in your mpg no matter how small of an issue or how close it is to being right. Things like bad u joints or axle shafts or out of round/dented drive shafts. All those things cause added stress to the drivetrain. So I replaced both shafts and front axle shafts. And new U joints. Next I replaced all steering components. And a realignment. (Important to make sure alignment is done to the lift speck and not stock) replaced all ball joints. If the toe-in is off not only does it wear tires quick but it's pretty much havin to push already big tires down the road at an improper angle. This can definitely rob your mpg. Next My gear selection 4.88 is pretty close to stock ratio just lower. Gear selection is very important. You need to try and stay close to stock ratio and take into account tire size obviously. Next exhaust, high flow exhaust. Something less restrictive than stock. I personally went no cats with a flow master dumped before the rear axle. It's important to make sure you have the right back pressure because the o2 sensors rely on that back pressure for the correct feedback. And tires, proper tire inflation. I make sure that all tires have the same and correct psi. Especially if the are under inflated. Instead of rolling down the road smoothly the are actually grabbing the road and it's taking more power (and GAS) to push it down the road. This the reason more aggressive tires like boggers and swampers(than grab the road a lot) can rob mpg. Timing is also very important to check. If it's not firing correctly or even just off a little it's wasting gas. Other little things spark plugs and wires I replaced of them. Make sure no wires are touching. Because they will arch back and forth and cause possibly big but usually small skip or misfire. And then your using gas that's not even getting burned up. It's all theses things that add up. I probably left some stuff out but this explains a little.
nicco196 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #51
nicco196

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj
I've removed the recent off-topic discussion from this thread. At this time in the USA it is indeed illegal to remove the catalytic convertor from a vehicle that came factory equipped with one. Check the bottom of this page to verify for yourself EPA facts. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed on this forum. I recommend carrying on the mileage discussion in this thread. My goal is 25+ mpg in my 99 XJ with 30 x 9.5 R15 ATs Have a great weekend.
Yea definitely is federal law. Not sure on any other states but SC legislature (I believe #52) says cats are no longer required here. And all the automotive shop her will straight pipe any body's truck. I would think federal law would trump state law haha but I guess they're just not strict with it.
nicco196 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #52
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Why are we still discussing this?
chris87xj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Tags
daily driver , tires , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.