DD 3" shocks ... OME, BILSTEIN or FOX 2.0 ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > DD 3" shocks ... OME, BILSTEIN or FOX 2.0 ???

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
gerardines
1990 XJ Cherokee 

DD 3" shocks ... OME, BILSTEIN or FOX 2.0 ???

The XJ is a dd so it canīt be too hard to ride in the city or too soft in the dunes, I'm getting 3" coil springs, but a bulbar (80lbs) it's going to be install ...

So which shocks should do the right job ?
- OME Nitrocharger Sport for 3"-5" lift
- BILSTEIN 5100 for 3"-5" lift
- FOX 2.0 for 2.5" lift

thanks

1990 Cherokee 4.0 auto 2.5'' lift, 235/75r15's Marshall Roadventure Sat / 1994 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 2'' lift, Timberline wheels 245/75r16's Kumho Roadventure Sat / 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 1" lift, Avila wheels 235/65r17's Marshall Matrac DX
gerardines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Im in the same situation as you, going with bilstein 5100s personally
Unread 05-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Kinda in the same boat too, except with my ol TJ. Decided on the 5100s aswell because of the price. OMEs will be close to $100 more a set. The new OME sport shock just looks kinda cheap to me, and I am pretty sure they are not montubes either.

You find the bilsteins cheaper then about $80?
austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
gerardines
1990 XJ Cherokee 

At least to what I've found (quadratec) the 3 brands and models are almost at the same price ... just $30+- ...

I've always heard the quality ride of the OME are the best ... and years ago I had the yellow bilsteins in the xj, and the ride was kind of hard.
1990 Cherokee 4.0 auto 2.5'' lift, 235/75r15's Marshall Roadventure Sat / 1994 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 2'' lift, Timberline wheels 245/75r16's Kumho Roadventure Sat / 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 1" lift, Avila wheels 235/65r17's Marshall Matrac DX
gerardines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
slobra300
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I was in the same situation not 4 weeks ago.. I ended up going with Fox 2.0's because the Bilstein 5100's were backorder 6 weeks out at that time... Im happy with the set up. They are a little on the stiff side (no comparrison to go off of but just IMO) but the added plus is that it controls body roll so I am not running sway bars now and do not have to mess with discos. They really shine around my area where we have alot of flat bumpy hard packed sand roads and seem to be "loosing up" as I use the jeep more. Kind of hard to explain but they provide a firm feeling but still remain "flexy" in the woods and they soak up the bumps really nice.. Plus the added look factor is worth noting...

slobra300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.