DD 2 door xj build, 3 inch lift advice! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > DD 2 door xj build, 3 inch lift advice!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 10-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
Turcsi_Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

DD 2 door xj build, 3 inch lift advice!

Hello all, I am looking to get back into an xj soon. I am currently waiting for a nice 2 door to pop up and I'll start my build once I get it. Before buying I want to get my lift figured out, so I was hoping for some input from people. I am on a budget being a college student, so I know my tire size will be 31's. I have been looking at the 3 inch rough country lift and doing a tc drop. By going this route I hope to save money by not doing a regear and hopefully avoiding a new driveshaft and sye kit,but if needed I'll get it. I just want to see if anyone has input as to what other lifts are good to consider or if there are any other parts I should add to my 3 inch lift, such as an adjustable track bar, steering stabizer, etc. I will be getting the bushwacker flat flares at the same time as lift as well.
Input greatly appreciated! C'mon other people with 3 inch lifts!

Oh and this is my first jeep that I am lifting myself, my previous ones I bought lifted (and gave me problems) so now I want to start stock and avoid any problems by not being done right.

Turcsi_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Turcsi_Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-li...n-lift-kit.htm

And that's the lift I'm looking at with the whole rear leaf pack, not add on.
Turcsi_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.