Custom seat mounting bracket on the floor pan? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Custom seat mounting bracket on the floor pan?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Custom seat mounting bracket on the floor pan?

My bracket(levee looking) that attached the front of the seat to the floor pan was rusted so the bottom 1/2 had to go. I need some help, have any of you guys made one? I'm trying to weld one up out of 1/8 steel and I don't know what I'm doing and I want my passenger seat to be safe, if I can pull it off it will be crazy strong but I'm not sure how any help? I have a few ideas and they look like they would work but I'm sure someone has had this problem before. thanks

Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
bob6987
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I used some 2" angle iron.

drilled holes to bolt it through floor and frame rails and then drilled holes to line up with seat bracket...no issues for 2 years.

Unread 03-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob6987
I used some 2" angle iron.

drilled holes to bolt it through floor and frame rails and then drilled holes to line up with seat bracket...no issues for 2 years.
Thats the exact angle I am working with thank you that helps allot! I didn't think about just bolting it to the frame rail
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.